The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Classic palm combo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

w i l s o
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
I find it hard to classic palm more than one coin. Has anybody played about with classic palming one coin and finger palming/thumb palming another?
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Al Goshman?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
BradleyNott
View Profile
Veteran user
Westwood, CA (UCLA)
351 Posts

Profile of BradleyNott
Downs has a photo with classic thumb and finger palms at the same time in his book. He explains that although it's definitely possible to utilize more than one palm, it's hardly useful...then again some performers have proven the exception.

If you need to palm tons of coins, using more than one palm is a way to do it. Edge palm is good for many coins, then again, study Downs if your idea of a good time is cramming as many half dollars into your palm as is possible, he regularly did this...what a nutcase. I wish I had his skills though.
If you were a hotdog, and you were starving...would you eat yourself? I know I would!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
There are quite a few routines where you need to use multiple concealments in the same hand.

I have a few I use that come to mind that need classic palm and fingerpalmed coins at the same time.
Click to visit:
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1772 Posts

Profile of SIX
Jay Sankey does in the effect Slick Splits.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
One of my favorites is based on Splitting Silver. An American morgan is split into two liberty halfs then to four quarters.

Enjoy the journey.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I believe that Roth has a routine that he does in which a coin is in classic, thumb, edge, and finger.

I have also seen Chad Long do a wonderful routine similar to the Roth routine.

C
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
Whilst multiple palms can be useful for some neat routines I think that should never be a solid classic palm. If you need to conceal more than one coin, work on your classic palm! If you're doing a fancy routine, multiple palms OK, but never use multiple palms just because you can't CP more than one coin. It takes practice I know, but it's well worth it.
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Practicing CP with multiple coins does wonders for your CP of one coin. Besides, it's one of those things that doesn't require dedicated practice time as you can do it throughout the day.

I tried CP-ing a coin while Downs Palming another the other day. It isn't hard, but I couldn't come up with any uses for it. I suspect there's someone here who can though.

Enjoy!!

Mike
Magic is fun!!!
Sirakor
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of Sirakor
Quote:
On 2004-06-17 15:00, Sirakor wrote:
Whilst multiple palms can be useful for some neat routines I think that should never be a solid classic palm. If you need to conceal more than one coin, work on your classic palm! If you're doing a fancy routine, multiple palms OK, but never use multiple palms just because you can't CP more than one coin. It takes practice I know, but it's well worth it.

That first line should read:

Whilst multiple palms can be useful for some neat routines I think that should never be a SUBSTITUTE FOR A solid classic palm.

Sorry.
w i l s o
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of w i l s o
Thank you for all the response. I'm going to keep practicing classic palming more than one coin, as if it has the added benefit of making a one coin CP better, then that can't be bad.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Don't forget about using your non-dominant hand in your routines. (Classic, edge, fingertip...) Double the work, double the fun. It's two mints in one. (Wink wink)

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Harris,

If a woman only uses her dominant hand for coin tricks does that make her a dominatrix?
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Gosh, golly gee...I'm guilty of using mutiple palms...and man...I love it Smile!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Classic palm combo (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL