The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color Monte in Euro? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Metius
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
175 Posts

Profile of Metius
I like a lot the Color Monte trick, but I always saw dollars or pound version final. Is it available in Euro? Smile

Thanks and sorry if it seems a stupid question.

Metius
Eppure una volta avetti sette in latino...(G.Marziano)
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
If you have bought the Colour Monte with other currencies, you have already "bought the secret" so now you can make it using 3 blank cards or using one blank card and the two colour cards.

But no, I have not seen it with the Euro sign.
el toro
View Profile
Veteran user
Across the atlantic
325 Posts

Profile of el toro
A blank card and a sharpie or a blank card and a printer.
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Can anyone tell me - does this use R&S cards? It's just I like the trick and would consider getting it, but I hate R&S cards and don't want to get it if that is the case.
Thanks,
-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Metius
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
175 Posts

Profile of Metius
Niko
No, it doesn't use R&S cards, I also like this trick and I would never have considered to get it if it would have been R&S. Smile It's just sleight of hand.

For el toro : How could I print something and attach it to a blank card in a fine manner? Is adehesive paper right? PM me if necessary.

Thanks
Metius
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
I Have never seen one with a Euro sign, though I live in Europe.
Go to http://www.cardsbymartin.com and ask if can he do one for you.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Paul Wilson has a color monte version with Tarot cards. Much better (IMO) for story line and a little
more hook over the cards with colored diamonds on them.
Tom
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
This is one thing I don't understand. A lot of magicians out here say they will not use any other cards except for Bikes as any other deck is very suspect they say. But they will use the cards that no one has seen before with the foil diamonds on them.

Why not just use normal cards for a color monte type effect it is not that hard to do.
jalsing
View Profile
New user
Allen, TX
89 Posts

Profile of jalsing
I like the "surprise" that the kicker card brings, but the diamonds do look a little suspect. Use an ace and a joker or something like that, along with the kicker. That way the heat is off the cards during the routine, but you still get the surprise at the end.

For Metius:
I've had good luck with printing on a blank card with an ink jet printer. Buff off the shine a bit first, and spray it with clear coat afterwords. Print your image on regular paper first, then attach the blank to the paper with DS tape right over the test print and send it back through. Since your not trying to pass this card off as a 'real' card, it doesn't have to be perfect. You just need to make sure you can stil do the moves with it when your done..

-Jason
BFLY
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of BFLY
Speaking of Monte effect: I was trying to track down, who originated the Two-Card Monte move, but unfortunately was unable to come up with an answer. Does anyone know who and when the move was invented. Thanks.
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
If you mean the ORIGINAL "Two Card Monte" (Using a DF and a DB-card) it is usually connected to Mr. De Land, ca.1900AD...
However, I often see references to "David Blaine's Two Card Monte".
In THAT case go to Eddie Fechter's "Be Honest,
What is it?"

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
Alan Morgan
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Alan Morgan
I find it to be a little too restricting with the climax. But making it look like all of the cards are the '$14' cards= GOLD!
Metius
View Profile
Regular user
Italy
175 Posts

Profile of Metius
Quote:
On 2004-06-20 20:27, Alan Morgan wrote:
I find it to be a little too restricting with the climax. But making it look like all of the cards are the '$14' cards= GOLD!

That sounds very cool, but how do you do that? I think that would imply some gaffes and the trick would lose much of its nature.

Metius
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Color Monte in Euro? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL