The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cut & Paste (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Okay before you start laughing too hard, yes it is possible to own a computer for 7 months and still not have learned how to do this most basic task I'm sure. Can anyone direct me to any free tutorials on this subject? Thanks. So very humbly yours
ellisd
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Jordan Piper
View Profile
Veteran user
British Columbia, Canada
309 Posts

Profile of Jordan Piper
I'll give you the basics of it. Highlight the text you wish to cut and paste by left clicking your mouse and dragging it across the desired text. Next you have a number of options. While the text is highlighted you can right click your mouse and select cut or copy. Cut will do just that and cut out the highlighted text, while copy will leave the text where it is and make a copy of it. Next you decide where you want to put the text you have just cut, or copied. Once that has been decided you right click again and press paste. If that isn't clear enough for you, as sometimes my descriptions aren't, you can click help on your Internet Explorer or Word, go to content and indexes and type either paste, or copying.

Now, computer consulting is pretty pricey so I'll have to send you a bill for this lesson. Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
It's possible to use a PC for YEARS and not learn the keystrokes like [Ctrl][C] and [Ctrl][V]
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
Those two were for "copy" and "paste" in that order. And [CTRL][X] for "cut" and [CTRL][Z] for "undo". These are probably the fastest method.

You can also highlight by holding down [SHIFT] while using the arrow/cursor keys, or [HOME], [END], [PAGEDOWN] etc.

Real power user tip: [SHIFT][CTRL] and left or right arrow selects whole words at a time instead of one letter at a time.
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Honestly, get a basic "Dummies" book. Not only do they handle the basic tasks well, but they're well written and usually witty. (The "Idiots" books are all right, but lack the style and panache of the "Dummies" books!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
Thanks guys,
Once again you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Here's a question for you brainboxes then. (I do know the ans).

Why is the Ctrl key Called the Ctrl key ?
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Because it looks like one. Smile
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
You can also highlight a word simply by double clicking on it in quick succession and highlight an entire paragraph by triple clicking anywhere inside it.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Quote:
On 2004-06-20 20:09, Partizan wrote:
Here's a question for you brainboxes then. (I do know the ans).

Why is the Ctrl key Called the Ctrl key ?

Because when you call it "Jimmy", it won't answer you.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Cut & Paste (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL