The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Harry Blackstone Sr. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2719 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just noticed that Denny & Lee also lists the Blackstone biography on their website. See http://www.dennymagic.com/cgi-bin/hazel.......m=003903

There are also two copies available on the Advanced Book Exchange website; one is brand new and one is ex-library. http://dogbert.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear......sortby=2

I'm sure you will be able to pick up a copy somewhere. Enjoy!! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
mikefallen
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of mikefallen
Love to read this lovely stories!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I was lucky to see him about 1948-49 at Liberty Hall in El Paso. ( I gotta get down to the newspaper archives and look up the exact date). Read the bio, have a few programs, an original set of dancing handkerchief instructions from Merv Taylor's, with Blackstone's autograph on the instructions.
I still remember, vividly, Blackstone telling a kid to hurry up and get on stage, or he would change him into a rabbit. I believed he could, I still do.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2004-08-04 12:47, dlhoyt wrote:
I still thought the show was wonderful, but the pedestal I had placed Blackstone on really crumbled when I discovered he was just an ordinary person.

Interesting comment. One of my greatest discoveries about life is that it is ok to be ordinary. To not have to put on airs, and pretend to be someone I'm not. I enjoy being an everyday man, and not being disappointed when someone discovers, 'he is just like everyone else.'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Harry Blackstone Sr. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL