The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (185 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
Dominique Blanco
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Dominique Blanco
Hello to all, I just wanted to give my honest opinion on this purchase I made 1 months ago and watched different effects in the kit: The try principle-Ambidextrous-Hand stick-Midas Touch. This were to me the most appealing one, if I can say so. Here in Europe the set cost 160€ this is a high price, compared to what you can get for this amount in magic shop. My expectation were very high, I purchase at Ellusionist almost over 10 years now and this was my worst decision to made. Some of the principle I was interested, require pre-show. Even if in the jam session was promised to show a situation with no pre-show that was not the case. I don´t have anything against Peter, but I wrote him to ask more support to try 1 effect, no answer at all. Well probably he is to busy at the moment. To me the only effect that is good, in the entire set, is Midas touch. This is the only one where I had the feeling to get, what I saw in the trailer. To me the risk that a lot of people, from different culture, just not following along, to what has been instructed, is very very high. Nothing against Peter, but the explanations and I have no idea how many times he says, not to go out of the tangent here, and than talking endless about some topics that had nothing to do with the explanation, just let you loose the fade completely. I hope to find someone who can buy this product, asap for even 50€ to be honest, because it´s way fair to say is 160 euros worth. I was disappointed that I decided as well to stop purchase ever again at Ellusionist. If you are a beginner or semi pro, think more than twice before you buy this product, if you are expert, well you are more advanced than me, so I do not allow my self to give any advice. If you are in a country where people do like to play along with you and are little sleepy, well probably you will be a star with this kit
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3253 Posts

Profile of 252life
So, because the material is beyond your grasp, or not what you expected;
•anyone that has success with it performs for slow, patronizing, audiences.
•after 10 years of doing business with E, based on one purchase you’re done with them.

Got it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
1031ent
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
I would just like to say I am P!$$ED OFF after receiving this kit in the mail.

The file format appears to be restricted to apple products. I could never get the files to play. I tried loading codec's and many different movie players. I even installed i-tunes and could not get the videos to play. Why would it not be disclosed that the movies can only be played on apple products? Also the majority of the world uses windows, so it seems like an odd file format choice. Why not use a format that can be played on both Microsoft and Apple products? Can I just say again how irritating it is to pay $149 for a video, wait a week, and then not be able to view the product.

There is absolutely no need to send the box full of junk. THIS SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN A VIDEO DOWNLOAD. Thanks for wasting all the material to send me a junk box, not to mention how it had to be shipped from California with all those emissions. At least give me the option not to get a junk box and just download the video.

I would just like to say F.U. Ellusionist

IF I COULD GIVE THIS ZERO STARS I WOULD !!!
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER ELLUSIONST PRODUCT !!!!!
(disclosure: purchased from VanishingInc)
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
1031ent, I don’t own the product but the file format being limited to Apple products only doesn’t sound right to me. I highly doubt that’s the case. What’s the extension of the file format?
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
“ There is absolutely no need to send the box full of junk. THIS SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN A VIDEO DOWNLOAD.”

I can think of a few reasons they likely didn’t make this project a video download only. Just off the top of my head: People are more likely to buy a product and are willing to pay more for it when there’s gimmicks included. And it probably makes people feel like they’re getting more bang for their buck. Also, if there’s gimmicks involved there’s a higher chance people will purchase it vs. pirating it.
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2022, 1031ent wrote:

The file format appears to be restricted to apple products. I could never get the files to play. I tried loading codec's and many different movie players.

What players did you try?

For me it works fine on VLC media player and kodi. Without any problems at all on a windows machine....
1031ent
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of 1031ent
I tried VLC player and it did not work. I am starting to wonder if there is an issue with the files on the USB.
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
Yeah, if they don’t play on VLC player then there’s the possibility that the files are corrupted. Check the file sizes and see how large they are. Sometimes corrupted files can have smaller file sizes since all the data that needs to be there isn’t there. Maybe also try copying the files from the USB drive to your hard drive and see if they play directly from the hard drive. Also see if you can play them from a different computer. These are all good troubleshooting tactics to try and isolate what the problem may or may not be. Otherwise your best bet is to contact your retailer’s (Vanishing Inc) customer support. VI has great customer service and I’m sure they’ll take good care of you. But it’s good to get the troubleshooting out of the way first so you don’t risk going through the trouble of getting a replacement only to realize the replacement doesn’t work either because the issue lies on your end. Sorry, I know it’s an inconvenience. Good luck!
jules.bevey
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of jules.bevey
Hello, I recently bought this kit, and I had a problem. I didn't see anything about the pen construction, because I would like to build it. Does anyone knows how I can build this pen ?
dasbauhans
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dasbauhans
I am on a mac, and none of the videos on the key play properly. Tried both directly from the key, and copying everything to the computer first. Tried VLC, Quicktime, and the Apple TV app. Sound is fine, but picture freezes 5 seconds at a time, all throughout. Considering the price of this kit, I feel bummed out about either having to sit through hours of instructions in an unacceptable (and frankly really annoying) video quality, or to just forget all about it.

Is anyone aware of an online version? Any help from you, Peter Turner?
Ellusionist_Official
View Profile
New user
Cool, CA
19 Posts

Profile of Ellusionist_Official
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2022, dasbauhans wrote:
I am on a mac, and none of the videos on the key play properly. Tried both directly from the key, and copying everything to the computer first. Tried VLC, Quicktime, and the Apple TV app. Sound is fine, but picture freezes 5 seconds at a time, all throughout. Considering the price of this kit, I feel bummed out about either having to sit through hours of instructions in an unacceptable (and frankly really annoying) video quality, or to just forget all about it.

Is anyone aware of an online version? Any help from you, Peter Turner?

Get in touch with us on support@ellusionist.com - with your order number and we'll put the videos in your account to stream/download. Or we can send you a new USB key to try that. Whichever works for you Smile
dasbauhans
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dasbauhans
Thank you, I did, and I received access to the online version immediately. Thank you for good and prompt service, and for responding here. These days (at least in my experience) this is the exception to the rule. Props to Ellusionist Support!

That being said, I am really dissapointed with what I’ve bought so far – I haven’t watched all of the videos yet, so I won’t make an overall judgement at this point, but if all routines are based on what’s basically stooging, I’ll be really dissapointed. Will update my ‘review’ once I’ve watched all available videos (for those who don’t know, there’s a lot of them). I surely hope there’s at least some routines that don’t require me to prep/coach the participant – meaning they work without a stooge that’s prepped beforehand.

The included deck is really cool (I’m primarily a card guy, so I appreciate a nice deck, both in design and quality), as are the other items included in the box.

To be continued…
dasbauhans
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dasbauhans
Well, I did watch all of the videos at this point, and while I still want to praise Ellusionists support to me having a problem, AND I need to underline that this is my subjective and specific impression, but I’m utterly dissappointed with what I got in the ‘How to control minds’ kit by Peter Turner.

Not necessarily the physical items – the pen, dice and especially the deck of cards are nice, and, in spite of slow transfer speeds, I might even reformat and repurpose the USB-key, but none of the routines shown and described fit my style of performing in the least – and I’d be surprised if that’s just me. Either they don’t come across as particularly impressive or useful (eg Friction or Jedi Push), or they require me to essentially ******** the particpant into being a stooge to achieve anything.

At this price range, I have to say this is as close to a deliberate scam as I’ve come to in buying magic tricks without actually knowing what I get. In other words, something like Spideys ABSee, at less than a quarter the price of this kit, gives me so much more to work with – and to build on – than this.

The worst part is that I actually really liked and appreciated Peter Turner before this, but after feeling duped like I feel now I can’t watch any of his stuff without a bad taste in my mouth. Sad.
dasbauhans
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dasbauhans
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2022, 252life wrote:
So, because the material is beyond your grasp, or not what you expected;
•anyone that has success with it performs for slow, patronizing, audiences.
•after 10 years of doing business with E, based on one purchase you’re done with them.

Got it.

Wow, pretty arrogant answer, no? I don’t know the OP, but, agreeing 100% with his product interpretation, I can assure you that the problem isn’t “not grasping the material”, but the material being ********; ESPECIALLY considering how it was marketed, and its pricetag. Stooging the participant (most of the routines) or not even close to being worth the pricetag (eg Friction). All demonstrated/“explained” by an utterly annoying and arrogant “performer” who I personally actually had high regards for BEFORE watching this.

Happy to hear you enjoy the Cool-Aid, but for most of us, the emperor is butt naked. ???????????

I’d even go this far: whoever wants it, and pays postage, I’ll send the kit (minus the playing cards, but they have nothing to do with the routines described or the kit overall, they’re just a bonus item) for free. Just DM me.
PS: I’m in Denmark, so inside Europe would be easist
dasbauhans
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dasbauhans
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2022, Fromentum wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2022, 1031ent wrote:

The file format appears to be restricted to apple products. I could never get the files to play. I tried loading codec's and many different movie players.

What players did you try?

For me it works fine on VLC media player and kodi. Without any problems at all on a windows machine....

This is not a question of file formats. I’m on a mac, and none of the videos on the USB key played properly, either from the stick or after copying them to my computer. Adn this goes for VLC, Quicktime, and even the Apple TV app. No matter which app. The fact that Ellusionist sent me links immediately tells me that this is not an isolated problem, but that some/most of their USB keys are corrupted.
dasbauhans
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of dasbauhans
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2022, Phatmeat wrote:
“ There is absolutely no need to send the box full of junk. THIS SHOULD HAVE ONLY BEEN A VIDEO DOWNLOAD.”

I can think of a few reasons they likely didn’t make this project a video download only. Just off the top of my head: People are more likely to buy a product and are willing to pay more for it when there’s gimmicks included. And it probably makes people feel like they’re getting more bang for their buck. Also, if there’s gimmicks involved there’s a higher chance people will purchase it vs. pirating it.

On top of that, being as dissappointed with the content as I am, if I hadn’t at least gotten the card deck and the dice and the pen, I would have REALLY made a scene. So in this context, it seems to be a way to mitigate peoples reactions to pay a lot of money for useless/subpar content.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » How to Control Minds Kit (185 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL