The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a box (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Since I don’t have access to Inner Thoughts yet I will try to keep this as vague as possible.

I’m looking for a s****h box. Specifically a box, any material is fine. The main thing is I do not want it to look like a tuck case, and that’s all I seem to be able to find. Many of the others I’ve run across use a folded card or are meant for a card to box effect for magicians.

Maven describes using two boxes, one that can s****h and one that is normal, in an effect toward the end of the Blue Book. I have a wallet that could do the trick, but I prefer the idea of using two closed boxes. It somehow feels more “secure” to me, and I only like using my wallet if it feels natural, like an impromptu performance.

Feel free to PM if you need more details on the specific routine I’m trying to put together.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I am not sure what a tuck case is...but I've been using Luca's TBC2 box...and used the previous inception (the TBC Box) for a long time previously. The TBC2 box is as perfect a device as you can get. Packs flat...you can open it (in it's l**ded state) right in front of an audience. It's one of the best devices I've purchased in the past five years. There are several other improvements that have been made. I understand they can be hard to find but are well worth the investment.

For years before the TBC and TBC2 I used a wooden box and it worked well -- but it didn't really look like anything else...which I didn't like. Also it was a pain to transport --especially on planes. MUCH happier with the new box.

Hope this is helpful.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
David,

A tuck case is the cardboard box that playing cards come in. A lot of s****h cases are designed to look like them. The TBC/2 may be an option. I'm feeling more and more like I'm in the realm of designing my own box!

landmark, this could possibly work. I only want to have a random card go in, and a specific card come out. This seems more designed for multiple options.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
Thanks guys for mention the TBC Box 2.0 .
Rhewin this is exactly what you need but at the moment is sold out (we sold out in only two weeks!) if you are lucky you can maybe find a copy to your favorite dealer otherwise we are expecting a new batch in the coming months to send to Murphy’s Magic
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=69053
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Thanks, Luca. I’ll keep an eye out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for a box (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL