The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Pop (Perfect Open Prediction - Boris Wild ( a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Pop - (Perfect Open Prediction) - Boris Wild
$12.00 (download)
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=71005

The Hype:
The performer makes an open prediction: the 4 of Spades for example.

From a shuffled deck, a spectator deals the cards face up, one by one, and stops whenever she wants.

She places the next card face down and keeps dealing the remaining cards face up until the end of the deck.

Nobody saw the predicted card...

The deck is then spread: the card that the spectator reversed is indeed the 4 of Spades!

A perfect Open Prediction effect. Simply miraculous!

HIGHLIGHTS
Very easy to do. No sleight of hand.
Super clean. Looks like real magic.
Uses your own deck.
Resets in a few seconds.
Can be repeated with a different prediction.

My Take:
IN 1952, Ed Marlo brought an idea from Paul Curry to the Abbott's convention and thus the Open Prediction got its start. A lot of people credit it to Stewart James but he is just one of the magicians who worked up solutions to the problem, commonly known as 51 Faces North. Since that time there have been countless versions published. You probably have one that you use. But this one by Boris Wild is a keeper.

At my first convention (Hank Lee's Cape Cod Conclave), one of the first people I met was Boris and we have stayed in touch ever since. He has a rich history of card magic. He won FISM one year with his Kiss routine and introduced the Kiss count, a very deceptive looking alternative to the Flushration Count. He also developed a brilliant marked deck that has become a standard in many magicians' arsenal. So, of course, when I heard that he had published his solution, I had to check it out. I'm glad I did.

The routine is taught in an hour long video download. If you have never seen one of Boris' tutorials, you are in for a treat. It is so obvious that he loves what he is doing and transmits that love to you. So, it is always both informative and fun to learn from him. You are watching a master at work.

You will need a gaffed card but it is highly likely that you already own one. Set up is minimal as is reset. The routine can be done with no sleights but Boris does use a move for clean up as an added , but unnecessary, thing. There was a part where I wondered how he would hide the gaff and the method he teaches is not only beginner easy but extremely deceptive.

This is a very easy effect to perform. No moves (although you are given the opportunity to add one if you would care to). Setup is simple and the way the effect works allows you to do it again with a different outcome. He also teaches a method where you end clean.

Boris does toss in a nice little bonus. He teaches you how to do the routine with no gaffed card. So, if you either don't own the card or just don't want to use it, you are still all set.

Boris keeps a happy face throughout the video but it might not just be that he loves the magic. He recently proposed to his girlfriend and she said yes. So congrats and a long and happy life together, Boris and Tiffany. May you have a Wild time together. (Sorry, couldn't help myself).

This is an excellent routine both for the pro and for the beginner who wants to impress. I would definitely rate this as highly recommended.
RCarruth
View Profile
Veteran user
Spartanburg, S.C.
341 Posts

Profile of RCarruth
Thanks for the review Mr. Canaday !
Magic Roadshow - Magic's #1 Free Newsletter
http://magicroadshow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Pop (Perfect Open Prediction - Boris Wild ( a Magic Portal review) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL