The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Hospitality suites? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, TomBoleware wrote:

It's just a fancy word for a large meeting room. Or that's how I see it. LOL

Not at all. Again "how you see it" isn't helpful to any business.

This was all established in an earlier post EXACTLY what this performance market is and that it is completely different from what Fedora initially expressed and what you described pertaining to hotels or meeting rooms.

This is what derails a topic - repeating something already covered and "how you see it." YOU have an innate ability not to understand anything as it pertains to business or in the proper context. Just posting to post.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Like I said, its the matter in which you use it. Hospitality rooms are indeed sometimes used for employee meetings. What better place for city employees to have a city employee meeting than the city owned convention centers hospitality room.

But anyway, whether you say "tomato" or "tomahto," it ultimately doesn't matter because most will understand you, and while some believe it's a vegetable it's actually a fruit.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
I've done these quite a bit. Funny enough I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the words "hospitality suite". They often say things like, "we're having an after-party for our best clients," or, "We've set up a dinner after the trade show and all of our industry partners and clients will be there.”

The reason you never heard those words is that what you are describing has nothing to do with hospitality suites.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, TomBoleware wrote:
Like I said, its the matter in which you use it. Hospitality rooms are indeed sometimes used for employee meetings. What better place for city employees to have a city employee meeting than the city owned convention centers hospitality room.

But anyway, whether you say "tomato" or "tomahto," it ultimately doesn't matter because most will understand you, and while some believe it's a vegetable it's actually a fruit.

Tom

No no no no no no no.

Not even a little bit close.

You may very well believe this. You may very well believe cows can fly without help. Neither one has evidence to back it up. Why do you insist on pushing incorrect information?

Most will understand you have isea what you are talking about and find someone who does.

Generally these suits are in hotels by the way.

Please stop.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, Close.Up.Dave wrote:
I've done these quite a bit. Funny enough I don't think I've ever heard anyone say the words "hospitality suite". They often say things like, "we're having an after-party for our best clients," or, "We've set up a dinner after the trade show and all of our industry partners and clients will be there.”

The reason you never heard those words is that what you are describing has nothing to do with hospitality suites.

Danny, you win again. How you became so deeply smart is a mystery but we appreciate your insight.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Ahh yes sarcasm. The last line of defense against feeling bad about being wrong. Don’t bother to learn anything, sarcasm is so much more satisfying.

It isn’t about winning. It about correct information. Look at it through that perspective and all ego will drop away.

You also never hear the words “hospitality suites” when you are headlining comedy clubs. That is because you are just about as close to a hospitality suite when working those as you are when working the things you and Tom describe. Don’t learn something from this. Oh no. Just use sarcasm. At least you feel better that way.

An after party is just that. It is right there in the name that is how you know. A dinner for important clients after the trade show is just that. Again the name gives it all away.

In reality it sounds as if you have not done hospitality suites quite a bit. It sounds as if in reality you have done none of them.

Those dinners and after parties are great and are a market all their own. They are acquired far differently and in reality through entirely different people in the company. The person who is hiring for the suites is not the same person planning dinners. The parties can be quite lucrative. They are just an entirely different animal. Not unlike Zebras and horses.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2024, Dannydoyle wrote:
Ahh yes sarcasm. The last line of defense against feeling bad about being wrong. Don’t bother to learn anything, sarcasm is so much more satisfying.

It isn’t about winning. It about correct information. Look at it through that perspective and all ego will drop away.

You also never hear the words “hospitality suites” when you are headlining comedy clubs. That is because you are just about as close to a hospitality suite when working those as you are when working the things you and Tom describe. Don’t learn something from this. Oh no. Just use sarcasm. At least you feel better that way.

An after party is just that. It is right there in the name that is how you know. A dinner for important clients after the trade show is just that. Again the name gives it all away.

In reality it sounds as if you have not done hospitality suites quite a bit. It sounds as if in reality you have done none of them.

Those dinners and after parties are great and are a market all their own. They are acquired far differently and in reality through entirely different people in the company. The person who is hiring for the suites is not the same person planning dinners. The parties can be quite lucrative. They are just an entirely different animal. Not unlike Zebras and horses.

I wasn’t being sarcastic man I learned a lot. Thank you
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It that wasn’t sarcasm, I’m a moron. (There is evidence for this.)

Dude. Sorry. Seriously.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Hospitality suites? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL