The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » RECOIL: New Release from Rick Holcombe (17 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SlightlyTipsyMagic
View Profile
New user
Our Fishing Pier has
81 Posts

Profile of SlightlyTipsyMagic
RECOIL: A new coin magic release today from Rick Holcombe (Copeland Coins)
Rick has a short teaser video up and he’s hosting a livestream today at high noon. Fun Stuff.

https://youtu.be/c6FtNuWBwFs
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
As always, another fantastic looking product from Rick and Copeland coins.

It reminds me a little of Johnson's minted, though I imagine the story is completely different.
I wish a complete presentation were shown in the trailer, just because I always love hearing Rick tell his stories. Smile
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On Oct 12, 2021, tonsofquestions wrote:
I wish a complete presentation were shown in the trailer, just because I always love hearing Rick tell his stories. Smile

Hello tonsofquestions,

I watched the live stream earlier today and Rick does do a quick demo of the routine. I marked it here:
https://youtu.be/5_nlfg459YU?t=1300
There are also a handful of good questions asked, for example if the materials are magnetic. Thank you!
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thanks for posting Luke!

Id be happy to answer any questions!
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Here's the trailer

<---PRESS FULL SCREEN
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Ah nice, thanks. I haven't yet had a chance to watch the live stream, since 12:00 EST isn't a convenient time for me to tune in.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

That was a great demo in the liveshow. I particularly loved the inclusion/reference to corner pocket. Hilarious routining and knowing your audience. Smile

Turns out the similarity I saw with The Mint wasn't a coincidence. I'm glad it was an inspiration and it looks like a great addition/alternative plot. I always liked the blank coin, myself, but I see lots of fun combinations to do.
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Not familiar with Mint but used to demo something called Gembusters back in the day. Recoil looks great! Can't wait for mine!
Douglas M
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, Douglas.M wrote:
Not familiar with Mint ...

The Mint:
https://youtu.be/wEU4te2dtKw
Douglas.M
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of Douglas.M
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, dj wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, Douglas.M wrote:
Not familiar with Mint ...

The Mint:
https://youtu.be/wEU4te2dtKw

Very similar to Gembusters. Chad Long also has a variation in his lecture notes where a striped candy cane is rolled into a ball and then is flattened.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I just bought it, I hope the sleights are basic
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Yes! The Mint is an old favorite for sure.

The main drawback with that routine is how clunky it is. Also, very hard to pull off while standing up with no table.

With Recoil the props are BIG. I use dollar coins so everything is clear, the changes are more astounding, and it's great for one spectator and a group!
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2021, pabloinus wrote:
I just bought it, I hope the sleights are basic

No worries my friend!
You will be able to add a few elements of the routine immediately into things you already do!

I cover this in the video; the routine is somewhat modular so you can start small and work your way up to doing the whole thing.
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
To the gifted Mr. Holcombe: We all owe you for your ingenuity with this effect. It will certainly inspire many similar things to coin magic.
Coin magic has been too "two dimensional" for a while. This kind of thinking and effect bode well for the future of
radical, unexpected and shocking effect. Just because you were willing to ask, why not, and how,,,,, so many times, I assume!!! thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Rick, love the idea! I remember you showed it on YouTube a few yrs ago and I thought back then how clever to create a "Looney Tunes" moment with coins, with the coil segment. Nice work!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Clever use of props. I will probably replace ball bearing with tinfoil ball. Just as plausible/implausible and lighter to carry around.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Thank you guys so much for checking it out!

If anyone is in Charlotte November 4-6, I'll be there for the TRICs convention and I'll have a few Recoil packages with me!
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I bought this and think it's great. Fairly easy addition to any coin routine and the teaching method is a brilliant "new" way to teach, integrating written word and video.

Doug
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
Years ago I did coin to Klamm coil, which had to be rewiinded.
This is brilliant and wonderful eye & brain candy.
Thanks.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2021, doug brewer wrote:
I bought this and think it's great. Fairly easy addition to any coin routine and the teaching method is a brilliant "new" way to teach, integrating written word and video.

Doug

Wow! Thanks Doug!
I'm so glad you like Recoil and thank you for complimenting our unique teaching format.

Your book was integral to my progress in coin magic years ago, I always recommend it to people who are looking to go to the next level with their coin magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » RECOIL: New Release from Rick Holcombe (17 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL