The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Iris by Lewis Lé Val and The 1914 (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I read your blog Ryan and I enjoyed it very much.
Keep up the good work my friend it was very informative Gaz 👍👍😊
JamJar
View Profile
Regular user
UK
104 Posts

Profile of JamJar
Quote:
On Oct 31, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I read your blog Ryan and I enjoyed it very much.
Keep up the good work my friend it was very informative Gaz 👍👍😊

Thank you Gaz, I truly appreciate that
Mid 40s guy probably having a mid life crisis, so I started a blog!
Www.mentalistblogger.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Pleasure my friend Gaz 😊
Luccky
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Luccky
Hi guys,

I'm not a lot on the Café but a french guy did a review on Iris by Lewis (here is the link for french speakers http://magietest.com/tours/iris.html) and it drawn my attention. I'm a huge fan of Lewis work and when I read the review, I've been suprised. Indeed, last year, I released an effect named Revelations with Penguin (same name as Lewis video, https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14619). With one card and 0 question asked you can determine the astro sign of your spectator. With the effect, if you don't like astrology, you have an other card to determine a drawing. Both methods, mine and Lewis (+the name of the video...), are very similar. I'm not here to engage a battle against Lewis but it would have been kind of him to credit other people works who had similar effects (as Leo Boudreau, Paul Carnazzo, Ran Pink, me...).

best,
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On Nov 2, 2021, Luccky wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm not a lot on the Café but a french guy did a review on Iris by Lewis (here is the link for french speakers http://magietest.com/tours/iris.html) and it drawn my attention. I'm a huge fan of Lewis work and when I read the review, I've been suprised. Indeed, last year, I released an effect named Revelations with Penguin (same name as Lewis video, https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/14619). With one card and 0 question asked you can determine the astro sign of your spectator. With the effect, if you don't like astrology, you have an other card to determine a drawing. Both methods, mine and Lewis (+the name of the video...), are very similar. I'm not here to engage a battle against Lewis but it would have been kind of him to credit other people works who had similar effects (as Leo Boudreau, Paul Carnazzo, Ran Pink, me...).

best,

Hi Loic, I checked your link and on the face of it, it seems that you should have been given a little credit here. It's a pity you called it "Revelations" a very widely used title in magic. Perhaps this is why it passed under the radars of most people.
Use the FORCE Luke.
AlexanderG
View Profile
Veteran user
No more and no less than
366 Posts

Profile of AlexanderG
Anyone have anything further to add about the comparison between Lebel's "Revelations" and Leval's "Iris"?
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
Can Leval please comment about this?
LewisLeVal
View Profile
Regular user
131 Posts

Profile of LewisLeVal
Hey guys, thank you for bringing this to my attention. Loic Lebel's 2020 release Revelations does indeed look like it may use a similar method, but of course I won't know until I purchase and read the method (the cards look great so I'm looking forward to that! I also look forward to learning Loic's handling).

In 2018 I released Sign with E Mentalism which was a star sign reveal utilising the age old 'magic number cards' method. In 2019 I released Archetype, also with E Mentalism, which used a more fleshed out version of the same method. Also in 2019 I released Star Craft in a number of places, most notably Dee Christopher's online store (now out of stock but the page is still up so product photos are still visable) which utilised two concepts that already exist within Astrology to divine a spectator's star sign.

In 2021 I released Iris, which was further development of the above named effects. Iris is not just the revelation of a star sign, it is a full reading system designed to be kept in the wallet. The entire tutorial video is my thoughts and methods on giving spontaneous, intuitive style readings, and the Iris cards allow you to secretly gain a topic important to your spectator to inform and guide your reading; a shortcut to giving a more impactful reading. The star sign divination is built in to strengthen the reading further, and act as a convincer. Iris is not a method to reveal a star sign, but there is a star sign divination built in to the larger effect (but can be used independently if desired).

Regarding the name Revelations, it is something widely used. My Revelations project has that name because it seemed like the obvious choice; an entire project that focuses on revelations, revealing information within mentalism routines. As a side note, my Revelations project doesn't include any star sign reveals.

In terms of crediting, it is extremely difficult when releasing a project/product to find absolutely everything that came before it that utilises a similar method, but I am always happy to add to the list of credits when it comes to my own releases.

If my effects Sign and Star Craft are not credited on Loic Lebel's Revelations, that's ok I don't blame him, because it is the same situation; difficulty in finding everything that came before it. This is my first introduction to Loic, and I am excited to check out more of his work Smile

Looking at the drawings card in Loic's Revelations, it is visually very similar to Connected by Vinny Sagoo which came out in 2019, and I believe both use a very similar method, however, I wont know until Revelations arrives, I am placing my order today!
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Any updates on this Lewis?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I find it's a good idea for me to make a post. This way I'll remember whether I bought it or didn't. I think I own this. I'll have to look.
Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Hello, good morning, I wanted to ask about Iris, does it depend on the language? That is to say, if I buy the product, and take it out in Spain, could it have the desired effect? Would viewers suspect something when viewing the cards? For the rest, if there is any recommendation for another similar product in reading or prediction card format today, which does not depend on languages, it will be a pleasure to have the reference. It would be to be stored in the recently acquired Orphic Wallet, which, barbara...where I want it to be used for thinking purposes and predictions. Thank you..
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2023, Alexmoving wrote:
Hello, good morning, I wanted to ask about Iris, does it depend on the language? That is to say, if I buy the product, and take it out in Spain, could it have the desired effect? Would viewers suspect something when viewing the cards? For the rest, if there is any recommendation for another similar product in reading or prediction card format today, which does not depend on languages, it will be a pleasure to have the reference. It would be to be stored in the recently acquired Orphic Wallet, which, barbara...where I want it to be used for thinking purposes and predictions. Thank you..

Hi Alexmoving,

Iris uses two cards with words written in English, so the people you perform this for would need to be able to read and understand English.

It doesn't look like there is a Spanish version available at present.

Hope this helps.

Alexmoving
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Alexmoving
Quote:
On Sep 28, 2023, Stunninger wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2023, Alexmoving wrote:

Hi Alexmoving,

Iris uses two cards with words written in English, so the people you perform this for would need to be able to read and understand English.

It doesn't look like there is a Spanish version available at present.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for your clarification, if I can find a similar effect in the Spanish version, that is just as portable and practical. All the best
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of influentialist
According to the 1914's website Iris has been discontinued and replace by Star Map.

One of the reviews of Star Map reads:

"I really enjoy this! The method is built into the presentation and it doesn't really feel like method to the participant. Star Map rather focuses on building a genuine connection and it'll become go-to routine. My only critique would be that even though there aren't any language restrictions per se, some beginners might struggle a bit with the ending if they don't perform in English. "

I don't own Star Map, so can't comment on how accurate this is, but I'm sure there are some owners on here who may be able confirm the accuracy of this review.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
As of this post Penguin has IRIS in stock.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Iris by Lewis Lé Val and The 1914 (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL