The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Do you prefer to watch silent acts or talking acts? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
disbelief
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of disbelief
I prefer acts set to music with no talking
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Key lines of dialogue may, when necessary, be conveyed by the use of title cards.

Smile

It seems to me, that a magician can use a combination of patter, mime and music if he wants to and David Copperfield springs to mind.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Greg Kiefer
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Greg Kiefer
It depends on the venue. A noisy restaurant or night club I prefer a silent act. Too often individuals miss out what the performer are trying to convey in a noisy environment. Settings in a theatre atmosphere I prefer a great show with either talking or silent act.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
The audio technology redefining theatre

https://www.inavateonthenet.net/features......-theatre

Actually, I quite liked the old days when theatre actors overacted and projected their voices: there was something magical and otherworldly about it all.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Depends on the performer. I like silent but I also like talking if the talker is an entertaining talker.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What is so wonderful about our magic is the entirely irrational is proved by entirely rational means. There are or ought to be two sides to it: entertainment and magic, that is regardless of whether it is silent or not. A guy producing doves can be magic but it can also be boring it is only magic and no drama.

Tommy
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I agree with critter. I have seen each that kept my attention and I have also seen each that could make a freight train want to take a dirt road out.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
I agree with critter. I have seen each that kept my attention and I have also seen each that could make a freight train want to take a dirt road out.

Well said!
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Inlakesh
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Inlakesh
When I was younger it was all about the silent acts. Illusionists and manipulation. But as I grow I find more interest in acts that have psychological depth. Such as mentalism. And I now actually find myself bored by illusionists and manipulation.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
A fella must be careful about what he says and does not say about his apparent ability to control the outer world with his inner world: especially when he is bending spoons.

Tommy
durango1
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of durango1
Talking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Do you prefer to watch silent acts or talking acts? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL