The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Newspeak (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I’m assuming “trademark” is somewhat similar to “copyright.” I don’t know much about other fields, but in music you can copyright a song. However, you cannot copyright a title. Some composers with integrity therefore avoid writing new material with a title that has already been used. But others don’t care at all. Hence there are many songs bearing the same title.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
A trademark is used to identify a good or service. Current examples include "I'm lovin it" for McDonald's and Thin Blue Line.

No comment about Julian Assange for "Truth, Justice, and the American way"?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
No comment from me, Jon, because it could easily turn political ... which would derail this thread.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
In a technocracy, manmade things, such buildings and languages, can lose their spirit and beauty. "Truth, Justice, and the American way" is today more Clockwork than Orange.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/......94CFEBC5
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Something named Alec is claimed to write state laws that protect industries from externalities including boycotts by human rights organizations and environmentalists seeking to reduce environmental impact.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/......industry

@tommy, what's the problem with an orange clock?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Black Oil Matters

As for the Orange Clock, its problem is that it has no choice: it is totally good when wound up by God and totally evil when wound up by the Devil.

When a magician takes an Orange from a tree, who knows what makes it tick?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, NicholasD25 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 10, 2022, arthur stead wrote:
Agreed. If you lack the word to express a thought, eventually you will end up with no thought.

Another way of looking at it: If you don't have the vocabulary to debate, you might as well lob a piece of concrete through a window.

So that’s why there’s so much looting and rioting.

Don't you mean "mostly peaceful protests" ? (see now, there's an example of Newspeak in action)

tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy

Tommy
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Lately, I have been hearing the term "price gouging" being used in some new and creative ways.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Newspeak (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL