The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins and invisible purse (purse frame) routine! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Wanted to have the ability to place coins into an invisible purse and have them completely vanish without a sound! This is what I came up with using a principle by Eugene Burger. Hope you enjoy it!

https://youtu.be/_XpH2cHiLkU
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Nice. I really enjoyed the unexpected complete vanish/display at the end, doing a great job dispelling the theory that they're still in one of your hands.

One thing that always bugs me (not just with your routine) is how far folks reach into the purse to put away the coins. Sure, you have to reach all the way to the bottom to pick out the coin, but when you put it back most people (as far as I've seen) place it at the opening (maybe half in) and let it fall the rest of the way. I of course understand why you can't do that here, and while it's symmetrical, I still think it looks odd.

Past that it was just the vanish/disappearance, though I would have liked a little talking around it. I suspect you'd normally do something with the coins before putting them away, but that wasn't the point of the video here.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
I really enjoyed this - but the productions more than the vanishes.

Yes, if this is an opener and close for several coin effect it can be OK, but much stronger, methink, if used to introduce
coins "from the portal" and allow other effects to supply their own level of astonishment. The 'power' of the final sequences
could detract from the memories of magic in the other Effects.

Yes, the 'deep place' issue could be a problem as being unnatural or not congruous with your finger actions in other Effects,
but I am more sensitive to Patterns than most. So, the real issue is what other coin effect you are doing in between.
If this is a stand-alone sequence in walk-around then it becomes more of skill demonstration than a "real experience of magic."

I could envision putting one or two coins away, even with a Schneider type pseudo drop to avoid the 'deep problem',
the doing something else with the others like tip the bar maid. "Some of you might be thinking it is a waste to be able to produce coins
and not be able to spend them. There is a bit of silver seed to grow some more. These others are my reward."
Then with the revealed vanish, "There you go, both in the magic glyn once more. Me, I'm still for a bit of party."
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Loved it, my friend. 👏🏽
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Excellent. You might try wiggling your fingers a tiny bit before the production of the second coin when you stick your whole hand into the purse.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I loved it too! Especially the Slydini principles (at least that's the way it looked to me)
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2022, Scott Horn wrote:
I loved it too! Especially the Slydini principles (at least that's the way it looked to me)

Thanks so much everyone! As for the “slydini” yes and no. There was only one move in the vanish and it was based on a Eugene Burger idea!
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins and invisible purse (purse frame) routine! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL