The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Weird (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I thought I’d share this because it could spark a presentation idea.

https://youtu.be/h5K5qPz1alk

Maybe something to do with some kind of mystical balance where regardless of how much good there is (red) there will always be matching evil (black). A constant battle.

Or since the subject can do it themselves, how much good and evil a person has within themselves, a sort of balance test, in the end you just stare at them. Apparently they’re hanging by a thread.

Maybe something to do with As Above So Below and instead of having the cards side by side, have red on top and black below.

Don’t know, just brainstorming, either way it’s a pretty weird effect.

Try it.

That video is on my games and puzzles channel, I added that because it was weird. A weird sort of game.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
That's trippy. I'm gonna be thinking about this most of the day.

A Study in Balance for sure.

Thanks for sharing, Alexandre.

Bizarre Regards,
Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
WEEEEE HAAAAA!!!!!!! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
I guess it would be more surprising if this wouldn't be the case? Then it wouldn't add up?
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2022, Delimbeau wrote:
I guess it would be more surprising if this wouldn't be the case? Then it wouldn't add up?

I think it would go over a lot if you don't tell the spectator how many cards are being used, then it becomes more mysterious.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have replaced the red and black cards with Male and Female cards from the Tarot .. NOW it is getting really spooky!!!!!! Lot's of room for great stories.... Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
That's great thinking Slim King. I'm guessing an approach like that with relatively uncommon objects will take the heat off of the mathematical aspect of this effect.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes ... I'm going to try to perform it for the magicians at the Old Town magic store in Kissimmee... See how it flies there ....
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2022, Wizard of Oz wrote:
That's great thinking Slim King. I'm guessing an approach like that with relatively uncommon objects will take the heat off of the mathematical aspect of this effect.

I've never performed this as a puzzle so there's zero heat. I've shown this to math guys and not one said "well Alex this is quite simple, you see...." without proper analysis. Not one.

Does this seem that transparent to you? When you saw it did you know exactly what was going on?

And Slim, I guarantee you will have zero problems with your presentation. Zero. Even if done as a puzzle people can't quite wrap their heads around it. And I know you won't do it as a puzzle, so prepare to astound.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I haven't had the time to really explore this mystery but it seems the number of cards read across each stack also equals the number ten. For example, red stack has six cards and Black stack has 4. In the indicator stack this is reversed with red having 4 and black 6. Also, vertically you have the same number of cards in the stack above as below. Red stack has 6 cards and Red indicator stack has 6 cards and Black vertical stacks have 4 each.

AS I said, I have not played with this and only came to my conclusions from the video, so I do not know if this is consistent. If it is, then I would suggest this is a matrix trick. Hope this gives someone else a little clue to something to explore.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
It's an example of a set of elements being equal to another set of elements and any action on one set of elements must result in action to the other set of elements to remain equal. (basic set theory)
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
And just for fun ... I can do mine over the phone with tarot as of today ...LOL Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Rhewin
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of Rhewin
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2022, Wizard of Oz wrote:

I've tested this with about 5 people now, for now presenting it just as a mystery. I've had them do it with their own cards while I do it with my own as an example. All 5 were surprised by the outcome and couldn't believe that it balanced in both of our very different stacks. I really doubt most laymen will go back to thinking about math, so as long as your performance is engaging, I think they'll find it mysterious and entertaining.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Weird (15 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL