The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Classic Okito Coin Box? (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here's a little performance from yesterday's wedding using my Ousterling Box

Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Bravo! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I have several of Craig's boxes and they are the highest quality out there.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I purchased this box from Craig about 7 years ago and it has taken a beating from aerial sleights, but here it is still in great shape. This should not be confused with the lower quality M Box (seems they copied features from Craig's box without giving proper credit).

Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2022, simplymagicweb wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2022, Dynamike wrote:
Are the Ousterling Boxes still being made? If so, where can it be purchased?

Yes 100%, I got mine from Craig earlier this year. His website is - https://primalgimcrack.com/

Thank you. But he must be extremely busy. He has not returned my phone call or email yet.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I've found the turnover while dropping is more a technique with the fingers and thumb...as if the thumb let's go sooner than the fingers so there is a slight bit more drag from the fingers. In other words, I don't expect the box to do it, I do it. I'm having good luck with Roy Kueppers set. I had to steel wool the insides for newer English coppers to not bind.
_Alex_
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of _Alex_
Tango's box is very affordable and very durable. I have it in a dollar size and have been wanting to purchase it in a half dollar size. It has a nice weight to it. The lid is thick which is a good thing. Standard okito box moves are executed with ease.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
Quote:
Meir Yedid sells the David Roth coin box set. The best ever made and the only one you will ever need.

You can get THE David Roth coin box set HERE.
bill7
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia, USA
212 Posts

Profile of bill7
Hello,
Does anyone know if Ousterling is still in business?
Craig Ousterling
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of Craig Ousterling
@Bill7, I heard he is. Smile

@Dynamike, please resend email to craig.ousterling at gmail dot com (apologies, sometimes my email runs like a ticker tape and sometimes it is crickets for days)

@ Brad Jeffers- Auctions seem to be the only way to get the originals that Jim Zee made for David Roth that David sold at his lectures.

If you want to obtain a 'new' set, as far as I know Meir Yedid is the ONLY one that has the rights to sell the "Jim Zee" "ROTH Boxes" as Jim Zee designed them specifically for David Roth at David's request.
Brad Jeffers
View Profile
Veteran user
376 Posts

Profile of Brad Jeffers
The boxes that David used and sold seem to have a different style lid than what I associate with the Jim Zee boxes.

Jim Zee boxes have a very shallow lid.

It seems that Jim Zachary made a different lid for the boxes he produced for Roth to sell at his lectures.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Sep 16, 2022, Brad Jeffers wrote:
The boxes that David used and sold seem to have a different style lid than what I associate with the Jim Zee boxes.

Jim Zee boxes have a very shallow lid.

It seems that Jim Zachary made a different lid for the boxes he produced for Roth to sell at his lectures.

This is correct based upon photos I've seen of the "Roth Set". The reason I bought Jim Zee boxes was precisely because of the lid. I had other ones that resembled the ones in the Roth set, and while they were fine, I wanted a looser fit to the lid. Jim's provided that.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I remember the Johnson products as having very good boxes. One thing about recent boxes is they are made to fit an expanded shell, where the older ones weren't. I use a regular size shell that fits a cut down coin anyway, but not with coin box stuff anyway, so I don't need that feature. I find the lids on the Roth boxes to be a little odd. I find myself using the Boston Box for everything. I just hide the recess and coin with my fingers if I'm not using it.
PapaG
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of PapaG
I have to say, the M.Box 2.0 has a very nice unique removable Boston feature and is now my go-to Okito box.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2022, gregg webb wrote:
I remember the Johnson products as having very good boxes. One thing about recent boxes is they are made to fit an expanded shell, where the older ones weren't. I use a regular size shell that fits a cut down coin anyway, but not with coin box stuff anyway, so I don't need that feature. I find the lids on the Roth boxes to be a little odd. I find myself using the Boston Box for everything. I just hide the recess and coin with my fingers if I'm not using it.

I own a few of the Johnson boxes and they are fine, but very plain. If you like that sort of thing they are fine. And the ones I have will not accept an expanded shell.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
To me the extra space for the shell wasn't to my taste. I'm reminded of Eric Decamps fooling me with a silver dollar size Coin Box. I never had a dollar size box, plus he had what seemed like Todd Lassen coins.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best Classic Okito Coin Box? (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL