The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Working with Ice (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RoyalRd
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of RoyalRd
Between Malini and Ricky Jay stories of producing large blocks of ice, I have to say I'm a little curious about resources/experience working with ice blocks, balls, etc. I haven't seen anything in terms of an ice mold beyond what you'd get for a kitchen setup (whiskey balls and blocks up to 2") and am curious about techniques/props for handling, storing, and dropping ice blocks. Any suggestions out there?
jim ferguson
View Profile
Veteran user
Ayrshire, Scotland
386 Posts

Profile of jim ferguson
Hi there.

If you have, or can get a copy of "The Magic Of Michael Ammar", there are two tricks in there which use ice - one with ice-cube sized blocks, and one with a block the size of a deck of cards (both with cards frozen inside).
Michael goes into how to make them, store them, transport them to your performance, and keep them on your person.

Jim
RoyalRd
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of RoyalRd
Thanks so much Jim! I don't think I have a copy of it but I'll track one down. Appreciate the heads up and will look into it. If you think of anything else, let me know, and if you've done anything with it and have suggestions on handling/working with ice from personal experience, always happy to hear!
RoyalRd
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of RoyalRd
After some more ice experiments, I'm wondering if folks have recommendations for large or adjustable droppers Smile
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Oh, I thought this thread was about ICE employees by the title Smile
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
RoyalRd
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of RoyalRd
LOL, not quite!
(a)ndy
View Profile
Regular user
New Zealand
164 Posts

Profile of (a)ndy
Kieron Johnson & Mark Traversoni have a few products that involve producing ice. They document that whole process from choosing moulds, storing the ice and producing it. Could be worth a look.
https://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-mag......oni.html
RoyalRd
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of RoyalRd
Thanks for the heads up Andy! Had a few fun experiments and always looking to see how folks have found greater success and played with ideas
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1339 Posts

Profile of imgic
Frank Van Hoven "The Dippy Mad Magician" advertised himself as "The Man who made Ice Famous." He was a vaudille performer and considered to be the first comedy magician. He had routine in which a volunteer would help with routine that involved a large block of ice.

I haven't read details of the routine, but here's article on Frank

http://dellodell.com/frankvanhoven.html
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Working with Ice (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL