The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Eyes of ??? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Hello All! Please be kind, I am very new to The Café…

In my youth, I aspired to a career in magic. As a result, I saved my allowance and purchased as many of the "tools of the trade" I could afford. Many mail order items from SS Adams, Honor House, Captain Company, and MANY trips to "The Treasure Chest" in Chicago ( https://drloihjournal.blogspot.com/2019/......ore.html ) added to my collection.

Other than entertaining family and friends (and eventually my own children), my magic career never fully materialized Smile. I am now at a point in my life where I am downsizing. No knowing the best way to find the best audience, I reached out to a few folks I found via Google, and experimented with an eBay listing . As I look for new homes for the items (some of which I believe are pretty rare) , I realize I do not even know some of their official names. Here is one that I think was called “Eyes of <something> “ (???) .

Here is a video of me fumbling through it https://youtube.com/shorts/x3u3fRHK9Aw?feature=share

Some suggested it might be a U.F. Grant rarity. Does this esteemed group have any thoughts??

Thanks in advance!!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
The paint work looks like U.F. Grant, or possibly Supreme, but I've never seen that prop before.

It's really creepy and cool however. If you ever want to sell it, I'm sure collectors (like me) would be interested!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I've only seen one before. It was most likely made in 1960s. It is called "Eyes of Buddha" by UF Grant.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
This should help:

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
I believe The Eyes of Buddha only appeared in one catalog in the early 1960's. Without checking, I THINK the retail was $10.00.

Julie
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Mystery Solved…

THANK YOU so very much! My imperfect memory (and lacking instructions) of the purchase I made in 40+ years ago was driving me crazy! As mentioned, I am looking for new homes for this and other items. I am very new here, but I understand that access to the ‘selling’ sub forum is not available to me yet. I plan to list this item on eBay in the near future. I know I cannot post a link, but hopefully it is ok that I mention it. If it is acceptable to Café rules, I am open to Private Message queries. If it is not ok, please let me know, and I will not enter into discussion. Like I said, I am new and absolutely do not want to run afoul of rules. Thanks again!
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1039 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
You may want to check out the MAK/UF Grant Facebook group. Many UF Grant collectors are there. You might even be able to get copies of all the instructions that you are missing. You would also be doing a service to the magic community if you posted the video there so it could be archived.
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Thanks for the Facebook idea. I am not on the platform, but my wife is. It looks like a “private” group. I’ll see if they will admit her. Thanks again!
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
The magic discussion groups are about the only reason I stay on Facebook.

You shouldn't have any problem getting into the U. F. Grant & MAK Magic Collectors group on Facebook. It's a great group. Just send the group admins a message explaining your interest in Grant/MAK magic and they'll add you . You might have to answer a few questions to verify your identity as a magician . Another one you should check out is Magic Collectors Corner on FB. The members there would also be interested in seeing your collectible items.
delurk
View Profile
New user
Wheaton, IL
12 Posts

Profile of delurk
Thanks! I Just asked my wife to join the group for me Smile
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Too bad its all on FB. I am a major UF Grant collector, with over 600 Grant instruction sheets....but I have no desire to be on FB.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Eyes of ??? (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL