The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » The Vanishing Queen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Back in the 60's, I used to demonstrate the packet card trick "The Vanishing Queen" at The Magic Shop in Norfolk. As the dealer description for the trick says: "The cards are now placed one at a time on an attractive display stand."
Does anyone know what the catalog name of that attractive display stand was? I imagine it was something that D. Robbins got from a wholesale stationery store or something similar.

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hello Anatole,

I believe from your description that this item with a stand was not unlike that included in Remco's SNEAKY PETE MAGIC SETS. Yes, the card trick--very good for what it is--was available from the assorted D. Robbins-like sources of the time without a stand.

The stand is best described as being a diminutive reminiscence of the full size tiered racks used to hold real swords horizontally for the daredevils who used to walk on same barefooted. Smile

I can't imagine any stock item from a non-magic source today being appropriate for this application. If I wanted to have a stand today, I would have a small block of wood (or Lucite) with 3 slits cut into it to hold the cards upright.

Perhaps there is a stock business card display available now that might serve the purpose?

Not much help, I know, but just responding for the clarification of anyone else besides you & I reading this at some point in time.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Flavors from the past... » » The Vanishing Queen (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL