The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Talk About Tricks - 3 video set -Joshua Jay (a Magic Portal review) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

canaday
View Profile
Special user
Florida
742 Posts

Profile of canaday
Talk About Tricks - Joshua Jay
$49.95 (download)
https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.aspx?id=47905

The Hype:

From the pages of MAGIC Magazine to your digital device, the Talk About Tricks (Vol 1-3) download is one of the most eclectic, unexpected collections of magic and magicians ever captured. With Joshua Jay as the host, enjoy 7 hours of routines, effects and the creative process directly from many of the creators themselves.

The concept is simple: Joshua Jay wrote the critically-acclaimed "Talk About Tricks" column every month in MAGIC Magazine...and this download (Talk About Tricks Vol 1-3) is the "Talk About Tricks" column come-to-life! Every month, Joshua Jay featured original effects from the world's greatest magicians. There are hundreds of fantastic tricks buried in those pages.

See how great these tricks and creators are, as you WATCH them perform, and HEAR their routines and ENJOY their creative process.

From close-up to parlor, from cards to Q-tips, from money to mentalism, from easy to difficult, Talk About Tricks (Vol 1-3) download boasts over SEVEN HOURS OF THE BEST MAGIC EVER published in the column "Talk About Tricks." Better still, many of these effects are performed live by their originators.

Tricks, moves and interviews from:
Joshua Jay
Ed Marlo
Gregory Wilson
Asi Wind
Rune Klan
John Lovick
Derek Delgaudio
Paul Cummings
Francis Menotti
Joel Givens
Bob Farmer
Damien Vapereau
and many more!!!

BONUS: Additional Joshua Jay effects and behind the scenes detail.

Talk About Tricks (Vol 1-3) download boasts over seven hours of close-up magic from the industry's leading thinkers of the time. Hosted by magic performer, author, and lecturer Joshua Jay, you don't want to miss out on the most comprehensive and inspiring download that is the perfect supplement to the "Talk About Tricks 2 Volume Book".

My Take:
I recently had the pleasure of reviewing Josh's new book set which reprints every Talk About Tricks column that he wrote over 12 years. This is one amazing set of books. It teaches over 800 routines and moves plus gives some great tips on things you might already know,

A lot of you will not be able to afford $250.00 for the book set, so this is the next best thing. And, if you do own the book set, this is a wonderful companion to it.

Now he has come out with a companion set of downloads (also available in DVD format) which was filmed at the L&L Studio. The first thing I noticed after going to the download page is that this is not just one download but eight, So I think that we ought to hit each download to let you know just what you are getting.

Part 1 (2:02) Obviously, not every trick is taught in the downloads. They only scratch the surface. John has assembled some of his favorites from the column. If you are a visual person, this will show you how these tricks should look. These clips are all from L&L videos by Joshua Jay and eight others.

The video starts with an Oil and Water routine from Josh's L&L lecture, but the routine he is teaching comes from his column. And you learn an unpublished Ed Marlo effect and a beautiful sequence from Yannick Chretien.

Cavaet. If you are one of those who likes to watch an entire video before playing around with it, this will quickly stop that. I find it almost impossible to watch without picking up my deck.

Routines
Impromptu Hit Man - Rune Klan
Change for a Twenty - Joshua Jay (Adam Ryan)
Punkin Droker - Paul Cummins
Ten for Ten - Joshua Jay (Yves Doumergue)
Exdislycally Shunuffled - Francis Menotti
Gold from Straw Elevator- Joshua Jay (David Solomon)
Sweet Straw - Joel Givens
242 Deal - Joshua Jay (Richard Vollmer)

Moves:
Erdnase Break - Larry Jennings
Full Palm Change - Rune Klan
Miumph - Reinhard Mueller
False Faro - William Eston
Bebel on Tilt
One Back Up - Rune Klan
Psyboards - Josh (Tom Frame)
Divided Shuffle - Luis Otero
Box Balance - Chastain Chriswell
Kissing Up - Gregory Wilson
Squist - Bob Farmer

Part 2 (13:47) Consists of opening shots of videos released by other magicians. Michael Ammar, Martin Nash (the Charming Cheat), Paul Diamond, Dan Harlan, Daryl, Pavel, Jim Zachary, Karrell Fox, Jeff McBride, Ken Krenzel, Gary Ouelette, Aldo Columbini, Michael Rubenstein.

Part 3 (17.:50) Josh performs different things you can accomplish with his Overlap gaff showing you just how versatile it is. These are performance only.

Part 4 (1:26) A promo for a video by Yannick Chretien (Coming Soon!)

Part 5 (3:03) Talk About Tricks, Volume 2. Josh explores some of his favorite tricks that he has published in his column.
Open Perception - Rah Madhok
Any Card at Any Page Number - Joshua Jay
Ninja Coins - Joel Givens
Riding the Wave - Rick Maue
Llasser Open Prediction - Josh (Manuel Llassar)
Tap a Lack - Paul Cummins (Performance only)
Across Coins - Joel Givens
Kickback - Joshua Jay (Ryan Swigert)
Switch - John Lovick/Illegally Yours - Gregory Wilson
I Dream of Mindreading - John Lovick
Beard Book - Rune Klan
Coins Through Floor - Rune Klan
My Lady's Other Ring - John Lovick

Moves:
Eerie Spinout - Joshua Jay (Salvador Sufrate)
Dribblocation - Joshua Jay
Finger Flip - Patrick Stenberg
Benzais Spinout - Extra work - Joshua Jay (Julius Chan)
Breakless Aces - Joshua Jay (Patrick Stenberg)
Cutting Off Colors - Joshua Jay (and David Jade)
No Use Aces - Joshua Jay (David Jade and DamienVapereau)
Hindu Control - Joshua Jay (John Snyder Jr. and Martin Gardner)
Breeze Coins - Joshua Jay (Gaston Quieto)
And The Other Two Follow - Rune Klan
Rub-a-Dub - Joel Givens (Bruce Kinsey)
Yellow Zebras in Africa - Joshua Jay
Prediction Wand - Joshua Jay (Eric Buss)

Part 6 (8:53) Consists of opening shots of videos released by other magicians.

Part 7 (2:01) Talk About Tricks, Volume 3
Time is Money - Joshua Jay (Asi Betesh)
Laser Aces - Joel Givens
Kings Face Aces - Joshua Jay (Adam Ryan)
Muck You - John Lovick (Derek Delgaudio)
Here and There - Joshua Jay (Ken Garr)
Coin and Bottle - Rune Klan
Proof Positive - Joshua Jay (David Parr)
Piano Seance - Rah Madhok
The Trick That Wasn't - Paul Cummins (Performance only)
Palm Prick - Felipe Abreu
Overlap Hofzinser - Joshua Jay and Mark Aspiasu
Paper balls - Joel Givens (Pete Lentini)
Threesome - Joshua Jay (Jason Dean)
Matches All Gone - Joel Givens

Moves:
Slip Shift - Joshua Jay
Riffle Force Finesse - Joshua Jay
Slip Force Variant - Joshua Jay (Ernesto Melero) (called Riffle Force Variant on video)
Tip on Turnover Pass - Joshua Jay (Eric Leblon)
Hold 'Em - Joshua Jay (Paul Cummins and Jason Alford)
Stairway to Heaven - Joshua Jay (Reynold Alexander)
Cloud Change - Robert Moreland
Erdnase Variant - Joshua Jay (Ernesto Melero)
Skinner Three Card Monte - Extra Touch - Joshua Jay (Caj)

Part 8 (20:22) And the set finishes with more promos for L&L releases.

This is absolutely a superb set of videos where everything that is taught is original, no old stuff recycled here. Josh's column was always the first place I turned when I got a new issue of Magic Magazine. Although just a small selection from the book is shown, it makes those so much easier to understand and do. They were always nice to read but being able to see the effect performed and then taught is a real boon.

As I said earlier, it you cannot afford the set of books, this is an excellent compromise and if you own the set of book, these videos make a great companion. As with the book set, I cannot recommend this too highly.These videos will give you many a night of fun and pleasure.
Ross Magic
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of Ross Magic
This set looks like a bargain for the price. I can't afford the books so will consider getting this instead.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Talk About Tricks - 3 video set -Joshua Jay (a Magic Portal review) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL