The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Contact Colors by Colombini - variant name (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
I perform Colombini's Contact Colors effect only to find the card chosen by the spectator, in this way, I don't need to set up: does this variant of mine have a name?

Thanks!

Best regards
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
In contact Colours you find a selection, then you reveal the four aces and then you show the blacks from the reds have separated into the four piles. Correct?

You just find the chosen card? Which can be done in 237652986643677 different ways ... sorry for the joke ... Smile

I do not understand your approach

Mark
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, mlippo wrote:
In contact Colours you find a selection, then you reveal the four aces and then you show the blacks from the reds have separated into the four piles. Correct?

You just find the chosen card? Which can be done in 237652986643677 different ways ... sorry for the joke ... Smile

Mark

NO... Smile ... I will limit myself only to performing the first part of the effect, that is, the finding of the chosen card.

In this way, I have the advantage of not having to carry out an initial set up and possibly also being able to perform the effect with a deck of cards borrowed and shuffled by the spectator. Smile

Thanks!

Best regards
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, Pyppo100 wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, mlippo wrote:

Mark

NO... Smile ... I will limit myself only to performing the first part of the effect, that is, the finding of the chosen card.

In this way, I have the advantage of not having to carry out an initial set up and possibly also being able to perform the effect with a deck of cards borrowed and shuffled by the spectator. Smile

It is clearly one many possible ways to find a card ...

Thanks!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I wonder why you would choose to do this though? Contact Colors has several cuts and then the dealing through the cards. It's got several steps along the way to just finding the card and then you're not doing the big reveal? There are many other tricks you can do that don't take so long and might be stronger on their own.
I don't mean to be a jerk, do what you want, but to me personally it seems like you are just taking a stellar trick and using the most boring parts of it. I say that as constructive criticism and again, not to be rude, but I can think of a dozen other "find the selected card" tricks I would do rather than just part of Contact Colors.
And, you can do a deck switch so it's really not hard to work it into a routine.
The part you're doing is okay. People might think it's an okay trick. But then when you keep revealing more and more it just kills them. It's almost a crime to not do the whole trick lol
Maybe I'm biased because Contact Colors is one of my all-time favorites. To each their own, I guess.
But if there were a variant name I suppose it would be called "the long, drawn-out finding of a card" trick. Smile
If it makes you and your spectators happy, keep doing it. But c'mon man! Smile Smile
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Pyppo100
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of Pyppo100
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, Levi Bennett wrote:
I wonder why you would choose to do this though? Contact Colors has several cuts and then the dealing through the cards. It's got several steps along the way to just finding the card and then you're not doing the big reveal? There are many other tricks you can do that don't take so long and might be stronger on their own.
I don't mean to be a jerk, do what you want, but to me personally it seems like you are just taking a stellar trick and using the most boring parts of it. I say that as constructive criticism and again, not to be rude, but I can think of a dozen other "find the selected card" tricks I would do rather than just part of Contact Colors.
And, you can do a deck switch so it's really not hard to work it into a routine.
The part you're doing is okay. People might think it's an okay trick. But then when you keep revealing more and more it just kills them. It's almost a crime to not do the whole trick lol
Maybe I'm biased because Contact Colors is one of my all-time favorites. To each their own, I guess.
But if there were a variant name I suppose it would be called "the long, drawn-out finding of a card" trick. Smile
If it makes you and your spectators happy, keep doing it. But c'mon man! Smile Smile

OK, thanks a lot for the detailed explanation! ;-)

Best regards
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Guys, where can I find "Contact Colours" which book or lecture notes do I need to buy?
Use the FORCE Luke.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Papa Legba, it's available at lybrary.com
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Thank you Tom.
Use the FORCE Luke.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Contact Colors by Colombini - variant name (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL