The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Anyone know of a good Chop Cup w/ C&B Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Anyone know of a vid or DVD with a nice Chop Cup and Cup and Ball routine?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Try doing a search. I think there's probably a few threads on this.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Dominque Duvivier has a nice routine on one of his A-1 videos.... His routine utilizes an assistant (his daughter) but can be adapted for a single person or at least give you an idea where to start.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
Do you mean a routine using two cups, one of which is a chop cup?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Duvivier's uses 2 regular cups and a matching chop cup... Now that I look back, I am not sure what RandyM was asking for either...

Randy, are you looking for 2 seperate routines (Cups and Balls and Chop Cup) or 1 routine utilizing both Chopped and regular cups???

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Carl Andrews Table Hopping Cups & Balls is a favourite routine of mine using two cups.
The final loads are - spongeballs, which automaticly follows up with a spongeball routine (Ain't No Mo spongeballs).
I DVD well worth your attention.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Sorry I wasn't clear.. I'm inquiring about a routine using the Chop Cup in a cups and balls routine or any routine using a chop cup. I have recently been given a cups/ball/chop cup set and am looking for ideas on using the chop cup.
stilson
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of stilson
Mendoza has the definitive Cups and Balls, Chop Cup combo routine.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Ok, you want to exploit your combo set. The already mentioned John Mendoza’s “The Mendoza Cups and Balls Routine plus Sequel” is amongst the better available. It is still in print and published by Morrissey Magic out of Canada.

Then there is the also mentioned Dominique Duvivier’s “Cups, Balls, and a Cup” routine (the one I tend to use). It can be found in the Jon Racherbaumer book “Magie Duvivier”. It is a better presentation and set of instructions than you will find on the mentioned L&L tape.

Of course there is Garry Ouellet’s acclaimed routine “The Two Goblets”. It is of course a two-cup routine exploiting the special feature. This is a strong routine. It is still in print and available from the Camirand Academy of Magic.

Then you can just pare it down to the one-cup and perform Larry Jennings version of the Chop Cup found in the book “Larry Jennings On Card & Coin Handling.” Yes, it’s in there.

Perhaps look at the Don Allen classic routine (check out Stevens Greater Magic Video Series or the book “In a Class by Himself, the Legacy of Don Allen.”)

You can check out some of the works of the Café’s own Dennis Loomis (his mini chop cup routine is killer!).

Brad Burt has a “How to” video out, plus there are literally a dozen books just on the Chop Cup. A search of most major magic sellers will give you dozens of hits.

I could go on and on and give you lists of about 50 more references but it would only tend to over whelm you. The short list above gives you more than you need to get started.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1546 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I'd start with the Mendoza routine. It is not only in print as Harry said, but it's also on John's video that he put out several years ago.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer

Coming soon:
Victorian Secrets: An Evening With The Spirits!
RandyM
View Profile
Special user
579 Posts

Profile of RandyM
Thank you all very much.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Anyone know of a good Chop Cup w/ C&B Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL