The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How to practice knife through jacket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I wasn't really sure where to post this question but as I would be performing it in strolling sitiuations I've put it here so mods feel free to move it where you think it needs putting if not here.

For those that perform knife through jacket/coat how do you practice it ?
I know that sounds strange so I'll elaborate it....when performing this effect you need at least one spectator to hold the jacket in place so how do you go about that as when I practice it's alone until it's almost ready for the real world where I then do a few unpolished performances which I call active practice .
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
You could get a couple of spring clamps, the ones that look like pliers with springs, and clamp each shoulder to a dowel rod, shower curtain rod, a taught rope, clothesline, etc. Clamping each shoulder should somewhat accurately simulate the volunteer holding the jacket and provide a more realistic feel for how the jacket will behave.

Hope that helps with some ideas. Let us know what you choose for a solution.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Use 2 large bulldog clips, clip it between 2 chairs.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
You could just use an open backed chair.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » How to practice knife through jacket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL