The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bizarre Assembly by Daryl (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is not a brand new release but I believe it was re-released near the onset of the pandemic so it got overlooked by most people. I couldn’t find a thread of it’s own here on the Café.
As I mentioned this has flown under the radar and not received the attention it deserves IMO.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/13438

I think that probably has to do with most people looking at this as a stand alone effect. As a stand alone it is good but I believe it really shines when used in conjunction with other effects.
For instance there are several marketed effects where you end with a deck consisting of all jokers (often times these are marketed as using an all blank deck but many performers prefer to substitute a deck of all jokers rather than blank cards) and it would be a simple matter to already have these cards in the deck and then go into Bizarre Assembly as a follow up effect.

One handy aspect of this effect is that you show several jokers at the outset but then only use 4 of them in the trick, but you provide a plausible reason for having a whole stack of them at the outset. Which makes it ideal for my preferred way to use it, which is as an opener which then leads into a routine I do which is basically a version of McDonald’s Aces but I do it using the four queens and a bunch of jokers. So it works well as a first effect which follows with an even stronger effect, so it builds nicely.

Another good pairing I have found that also builds nicely is starting with Bizarre Assembly, which by the way is a pretty quick trick, and then using some of the unused jokers to perform Richard Sander’s Ace effect. I’ve found that to be a pretty eye-popping combo which builds to the unexpected quick change that happens in their own hands once again.

Anyway, just thought I’d give this some of the love I feel it deserves.
For $15 it’s a pretty good deal in my book. Not to mention that the supplied gaffs allow you creative guys and gals to come up with many other effects using them as well.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Turned it off halfway through because he kept saying “perfect” and “amazing” in a condescending manner when people did simple things like holding their hands out. Why can’t people read Maximum Entertainment?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Really? Condescending? I didn't get that at all.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 26, 2022, Futureal wrote:
Turned it off halfway through because he kept saying “perfect” and “amazing” in a condescending manner when people did simple things like holding their hands out. Why can’t people read Maximum Entertainment?

Post your version. Let's compare using max ent method.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Bizarre Assembly by Daryl (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL