The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I Hate Halloween! (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I am sad to say it, but I hate Halloween. As a kid it was fun to go from house to house, begging candy from strangers and soaping screen doors. As an adult, the fun continued as I chased kids down the block wielding knives and hatchets, wearing blood-stained clothing. I don't know who yelled the loudest, me or the kids who ran like lightning and spilled candy all over the road. It was fun to pick up the booty and sort of trick or treat in my own way. Eventually, the police said I couldn't chase the kids anymore, so Halloween lost some of its guts and glamor. It was a little fun to watch all the ghost and goblins come to my house and trick or treat but just let one razor blade be found in an apple and no one wants their kids to come to your house anymore. I finally capitulated and did the Trunk or Treat thing, but the parents would get really irate when I grabbed their kid and stuffed them in my trunk. I mean, give me a break, the sign clearly says. Trunk or Treat, the choice is mine. Hopefully you will not be too judgmental and understand why I hate Halloween, it just isn't as much fun.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
That is absolutely great thanks for the hat treat!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
That is absolutely great thanks for the hat treat!

My pleasure.
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Make it simple: offer them a toffee and then steal their soul. You just need a toffee and a D'light.
Put their soul in your pocket and run away.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2022, The Curator wrote:
Make it simple: offer them a toffee and then steal their soul. You just need a toffee and a D'light.

Then what would I do with the soul? Is there a market for used souls? Smile

I hate the kiddie souls. They don't keep them clean and they are sticky and stinky. Old souls are a pain to store also.
Tzaddi93
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Tzaddi93
Post under 'Souls, tricks & effects for sale or trade...'
People will buy anything.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2022, Tzaddi93 wrote:
Post under 'Souls, tricks & effects for sale or trade...'
People will buy anything.

Great Idea!
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3910 Posts

Profile of The Curator
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

I hate the kiddie souls. They don't keep them clean and they are sticky and stinky. Old souls are a pain to store also.

Once they are ready to pay anything to get their soul back, ask at least for 1000$. Business is business.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2022, The Curator wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:

Once they are ready to pay anything to get their soul back, ask at least for 1000$. Business is business.

Great idea. I might even get a TV program.... The Real Soul Train.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Happy All Hallows Eve!
OjackMagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of OjackMagic
Quote:
On Oct 27, 2022, weepinwil wrote:
I am sad to say it, but I hate Halloween. As a kid it was fun to go from house to house, begging candy from strangers and soaping screen doors. As an adult, the fun continued as I chased kids down the block wielding knives and hatchets, wearing blood-stained clothing. I don't know who yelled the loudest, me or the kids who ran like lightning and spilled candy all over the road. It was fun to pick up the booty and sort of trick or treat in my own way. Eventually, the police said I couldn't chase the kids anymore, so Halloween lost some of its guts and glamor. It was a little fun to watch all the ghost and goblins come to my house and trick or treat but just let one razor blade be found in an apple and no one wants their kids to come to your house anymore. I finally capitulated and did the Trunk or Treat thing, but the parents would get really irate when I grabbed their kid and stuffed them in my trunk. I mean, give me a break, the sign clearly says. Trunk or Treat, the choice is mine. Hopefully you will not be too judgmental and understand why I hate Halloween, it just isn't as much fun.

I had stepped away from Magic for a very long time. The whole reason I'm here and reading from the Cellar almost exclusively is similar to this Weepinwil's only half-kidding rant. My sister and I have run a backyard haunt for Halloween over the past 6 years. It started as a direct FU to the trunk-or-treat. I wrote an essay on the loss of Halloween a few year's back if you're interested.

https://www.eequalsmcscared.com/witchful......-to-stop

The haunt has gained a lot of traction post-Covid. I've been asked to consider a horror/comedy magic show. Time to knock the rust off of the cylinders and see if I still got it. That's assuming I ever had it in the first place.
"Homer Simpson does not work in a nuclear power plant. Homer Simpson is just an actor." - Penn Jillette
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
582 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Alternatives to traditional "trick or treating" are a great idea. Too many strange people out and about in the shadows. We ran a backyard haunt for years under a 20x30 tent, collecting for make a wish, but we continually lost money and eventually joined up with a local TV station for a giant indoor trunk or treat like affair for persons with mental and physical issues. These were the most work, but also the most rewarding.
That affair has not yet returned after Covid.

Still do small events at the house etc that are spooky themed, but would love to do something on a grander scale one more time.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have to find most of my fun at funerals now. After all, all FUNerals begin with FUN. But so does other unpleasant things like Fungus and Fundamentalist. Anyway, now to my story.

I attended a funeral of a relative of my church a few weeks ago, and as I drove into the parking lot the parking attendant asked, "Are you here for the eleven O'Clock funeral?"

I thought that was strange, why else would I be here? I glanced at my wife and after not seeing a "don't do it look" I replied, "No, we were just passing by and thought since you were having an eleven O'Clock funeral you might have something to eat."

He was so dumb struck he was silent for what seemed like several minutes. I remained serious and finally he asked, "Are you part of the family." "no,"I replied, "We just thought we'd stop by and eat. He looked at my wife, who was steadfastly somber.

"I am the pastor though of one of the family members." He brightened up and said, "So, you are doing the funeral service." He thought he finally figured out where to park me until I answered, "No, not doing the service, just stopped by to eat."

In a final attempt to park me he asked the reasonable yes/no question. "Are you going to the graveside service?" "I don't know," I replied, "Is that before or after we eat?" He gave up and told me to park anywhere I wanted.

Having had so much fun in the parking lot, I extended my fun into the home. A lady guarded a bowl of mints and I told her I wouldn't dare eat one. She asked why and I told her this was a funeral home and anything offered couldn't be good for your health, it'd be bad for business.

It was a fun day and even the guest of honor, the cadaver, was smiling.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you for those morbidly funny stories. I almost died laughing.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
Thank you for those morbidly funny stories. I almost died laughing.

You are welcome. Glad you enjoyed them.

You may have missed a money saving opportunity. I have a hot 73 year old with most of her original parts ready to go just as soon as we can find a two for the price of one customer ready to go with her. Price includes either a side by side or over and under accomodations.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I Hate Halloween! (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL