The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dani Daortiz on Penn & Teller: Fool Us (36 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1227 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2022, lynnef wrote:
I totally concur (with Magic Mike and others) that purchasing Dani's Fool Us act was WELL worth it, for the magic, the timing, the methods, thinking on his feet, etc. I see the Juan Tamariz in him...acting like the magic just happens ..."I don't know why"! This is magic as "astonishment"...and FUN. I've watched it many times over since I last posted. Lynn

And don't forget the "Welcome to my world" line ...

Mark
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
Terrific Javi Benitez interview with Dani as they watch the Fool Us performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SYRWA1wlNg
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
What a wonderful performance! Shoot me, but I wasn't familiar with Dani before watching this. I'm now a fan!

I wasn't aware that the show featured professional magicians. I haven't watched the show enough -- I usually only see excerpts on youtube.

Biggest surprise for me: I didn't know that Donny Osmond was still relevant. Smile I googled and saw that he and Marie have been very active in Vegas.

I guess there was no agreement beforehand on what Donny could do/say. (Or maybe there was?) When he said, "Let me see the deck", I got nervous for Dani, though I knew it wouldn't have been aired if something was exposed.

It's interesting to contrast his style to the old school performers. Both styles are extremely entertaining. I love how Dani effectively hides his technique. It looks like everything is a random mess, then he stuns with a revelation. It's genius!
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1526 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:

Yes, Dani's Fool Us Act video was linked earlier in the thread. I see that the introductory price has ended and it's now priced at $40.

Worth. Every. Penny. !!!!

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Psychiac
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Psychiac
For the thrifty: the Dani DaOrtiz Fool Us Act is currently on sale at Vanishing Inc. ($20 - doesn't say for how long)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Dani Daortiz on Penn & Teller: Fool Us (36 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL