The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for geomancy resources (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Djin
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Djin
Geomancy is a reading oracle that seems under used. Tarot, astrology and palmistry are pretty widespread, at least in my area (eastern US.) I Ching a little less so, but it's pretty well known. Geomancy was pretty well known throughout Europe during the Renaissance and is still popular in the Middle East.

Anybody here providing geomancy readings? Any recommended resources?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
You can find an online practice tool for geomancy readings (along with several other popular oracles) on The Deceptionary. Druid sticks (aka "I Ching sticks") are used to derive the geomantic symbols.

The late Bob Tripp used geomancy as his go-to Q&A approach, which he sold as "Q&A the Bob Tripp Way". Probably difficult to find nowadays, but worth tracking down if possible. He used to carry pocket druid sticks for this purpose. A wonderful resource, The Book of Ordinary Oracles, explains how to make an improved version of these. When I made them, I used a wood-burning tool to make circular markings, rather than the inking described in the book.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Thomas Henry
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1410 Posts

Profile of Thomas Henry
Hello Djin,

I first encountered geomancy fifty years ago in my studies of the Golden Dawn. You'll find a very complete treatment in Israel Regardie's A Practical Guide to Geomantic Divination, (New York: Samuel Weiser, Inc. 1972). Regardie, of course, is the important and prolific author on anything having to do with this Hermetic Order or its rather famous member Aleister Crowley.

There is also a rather complete chapter devoted to it in Regardie's easier-to-find, The Golden Dawn, (St. Paul, Minnesota: Llewellyn Publications, 1986), pp. 524-539. This book has gone through countless printings and editions since the 1930s, but all should contain the relevant chapter.

You might be interested in geomantic tiles, too: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=82

Thomas Henry
Omne ignotum pro magnifico.

Curious who I am? See my quick video bio.
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1609 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
I have a free interactive geomancy app at https://psychicscience.org/geomancy

Mike
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Djin
View Profile
Regular user
191 Posts

Profile of Djin
Wow. Great resources. Thank you all.
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
Richard Webster wrote a book on geomancy for the shut-eye community. The title is Geomancy for Beginners: Simple Techniques for Earth Divination.

- Richard
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
That's a great site, Mike!
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Rainer & Thomas from Paralabs do an excellent reading seminar called Para-Q. It’s heavily influenced by Geomancy but goes many interesting steps beyond. One of the most thorough resources on the topic I’ve come across was recommended to me there: Astrogem by Les Cross.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
I remember seeing once, in one of Larry Barnowski books, a prediction effect related to this.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Looking for geomancy resources (14 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL