The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Fruit on the Bottom (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ben creitz
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of ben creitz
Here is another weird effect I am working on (if anybody else has already done this, please let me know! Like I said, I am not so knowledgeable) You can PM me to swap ideas about the method.
The close up magician removes a sealed, single serving size of plain yogurt from the fridge, and displays a plastic spoon. He asks the spectator to choose between strawberry, blueberry, or lemon. Once the spectator makes the choice, he is handed the yogurt cup and asked to remove the top and stir the yogurt with the spoon. Eventually, the yogurt turns the chosen color.
The real goal here is no force. I have come up with an (untested) method for making the correct color appear, but not the taste! I really want most of the work to happen in the hands of the spectator, and my method achieves that. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Paul Harris discusses his not-too-commercial "Handful of Yogurt Through The Table" in Art of Astonishment, but that's about as close as I've come to any mention of a yogurt trick.

You may have your own field of magic here. It sounds interesting.
Joe Marotta
View Profile
Special user
Can You Believe I Have
944 Posts

Profile of Joe Marotta
Ben,

I love your idea to magically change plain yogurt into any flavor. Well, actually you are forcing a choice by limiting their selection to 3 predetermined flavors.

You should be able to find concentrated flavor oils (like essence of lemon, etc) and use them with the appropriate matching food color.

I have an idea on how to make the flavor appear when stirred by the spectator, but I'll PM you directly with it.

Ben, keep these great ideas coming. You have a really good magical imagination!

Joe Marotta

A Royal Flush!
Sorry, but it STILL strikes me as FUNNY!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
I'll second Joe's comments.
This concept, and the Porcelain God, while possibly not to everyone's taste (pun intended!), is an example of that remarkable creative thinking that is so often lacking in magic today.
Wonderful stuff,Ben; I'm sure we'd all like to see more such thought.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com Smile
bubbles
View Profile
New user
The 5th Dimension
99 Posts

Profile of bubbles
[quote]On Aug 6, 2002, Joe Marotta wrote:
"Ben,
I love your idea to magically change plain yogurt into any flavor. Well, actually you are forcing a choice by limiting their selection to 3 predetermined flavors.
You should be able to find concentrated flavor oils (like essence of lemon, etc) and use them with the appropriate matching food color.
I have an idea on how to make the flavor appear when stirred by the spectator, but I'll PM you directly with it.
Ben, keep these great ideas coming. You have a really good magical imagination!"

You could force a spoon that has the flavor concentrate already on it, and then force the yogurt that has when stirred makes that color (or they could all make that color because you've already forced the flavor spoon), and then when they stir it changes color and when they eat it tastes like yogurt and the flavor from the spoon.

I love this section of the Café!
Is there a thread for anything from this section that has actually gone from idea to performance/product? I'd love to see the progression from concept to reality and what changed in that process.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Fruit on the Bottom (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL