The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Mirage Coin Set Extreme by Craig Petty (Presented by Alakazam Magic) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
A few months ago, Alakazam magic re-released Craig Petty's Mirage Coin Set (Now called 'Extreme') with apparently better-quality coins. I never owned the original set. So, I cannot compare the differences other than to say that I am pleased with the coins. Everything does what it supposed to, and the tolerances appear to be spot on. However, I should confess that I've never worked with a flipper coin as an adult probably because I had a horrible experience when I was a kid (it was always breaking). As a result, it has been a new adventure and mostly satisfying because of the crazy visuals that you can create. I've already learned the first two routines from the download and honestly, both look excellent. However, I did make a few technical changes and also modified the routines to make them better suit my performing style.

All said, I'm pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend the set except that the so-called "everlasting" rubber bands don't last longer than a day or two before breaking. I managed to buy some replacements from Penguin and eBay but it's getting expensive at $2.00 per band (packaged and sold by Roy Kueppers). I even reached out to Mark Mason because to ask about the alternative that he uses with Double Deception Deluxe, but they cannot be used with this set. I've owned Double Deception Deluxe for several years and mine still hasn't broken! Besides the cost of the replacement bands, I am more concerned about the band breaking during a paid gig because there doesn't seem to be any way to recover gracefully.

I would be interested in hearing from others who've purchased this coin set and about their own experiences with these rubber bands... This issue has been very frustrating to say the least.

Here's a link to the product:
https://alakazam.co.uk/products/mirage-c......e&_v=1.0
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Was surprised this didn’t get more attention. Agree about the bands. I’ve had double deception and a next gen flipper from Mason for years and they are fantastic. Have never had a breakage issue. Shame you can’t use his thread with the flipper from this set.
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2023, Jared wrote:
A few months ago, Alakazam magic re-released Craig Petty's Mirage Coin Set (Now called 'Extreme') with apparently better-quality coins. I never owned the original set. So, I cannot compare the differences other than to say that I am pleased with the coins. Everything does what it supposed to, and the tolerances appear to be spot on. However, I should confess that I've never worked with a flipper coin as an adult probably because I had a horrible experience when I was a kid (it was always breaking). As a result, it has been a new adventure and mostly satisfying because of the crazy visuals that you can create. I've already learned the first two routines from the download and honestly, both look excellent. However, I did make a few technical changes and also modified the routines to make them better suit my performing style.

All said, I'm pleased with my purchase and would highly recommend the set except that the so-called "everlasting" rubber bands don't last longer than a day or two before breaking. I managed to buy some replacements from Penguin and eBay but it's getting expensive at $2.00 per band (packaged and sold by Roy Kueppers). I even reached out to Mark Mason because to ask about the alternative that he uses with Double Deception Deluxe, but they cannot be used with this set. I've owned Double Deception Deluxe for several years and mine still hasn't broken! Besides the cost of the replacement bands, I am more concerned about the band breaking during a paid gig because there doesn't seem to be any way to recover gracefully.

I would be interested in hearing from others who've purchased this coin set and about their own experiences with these rubber bands... This issue has been very frustrating to say the least.

Here's a link to the product:
https://alakazam.co.uk/products/mirage-c......e&_v=1.0

That is surprising. The set I'm using is the actual set we used to film the video, so I would say they are a year old at least and my band is yet to break. If your band is only lasting a day or so I would say there is something sharp in the coin cutting it. You can by all means send it back and we will gladly replace the set for you.

I hope this helps

Peter Nardi
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking time to respond and for your generous offer. I will take a closer look at mine tomorrow when there's daylight to see if there might be something cutting into the band as you suggested. If so, I will contact you to arrange an exchange if necessary. Thank you for your exceptional customer service.

Jared
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2023, Jared wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking time to respond and for your generous offer. I will take a closer look at mine tomorrow when there's daylight to see if there might be something cutting into the band as you suggested. If so, I will contact you to arrange an exchange if necessary. Thank you for your exceptional customer service.

Jared

My pleasure, we are always happy to help. I'm not on here often but we are always contactable at Alakazam

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Mirage Coin Set Extreme by Craig Petty (Presented by Alakazam Magic) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL