The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Bill Wisch Slydini Admiration Tour 2023 Featuring Slydini's Helicopter Card (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch

In 2019, it was The Slydini Silks. In 2023, my dad's final lecture tour around the US, it is Slydini's Helicopter Card. If you have interest in having us come to your local area, please reach out to Scott Wells, Southern Lecture Tour Coordinator at Lectures@ScottWells.com

See below for more details. Thank you all and looking forward to seeing you this summer!

Bill Wisch 2023 Lecture Overview
I am delighted to present my third lecture with Scott Wells entitled "Slydini Admiration- The Final Tour". During my over 120 lessons with Tony, I grew a great love and admiration not only for Tony as a magician, but as a person and friend. I am honored to present this lecture to try and explain what I admire most about Tony Slydini.
The Helicopter Card Trick is considered by many to be one of the greatest card tricks of all time. I am delighted to feature the Helicopter Card in this lecture. I will perform the entire effect, and then go into specific detail about Phase One, The Slydini Palm and the technique that Slydini had no name for but in my lessons with him he simply called "better than misdirection." Later, it would come to be named "crossing the gaze." Knowledge of this technique and its mastery is something that can be applied to nearly all magic of all types with any prop. It is absolutely seminal learning that I am happy to present.
In addition, I will start by performing and explaining my "Killer Set 2" program. This set of four routines builds on the techniques and effects explained in my "Killer Set" that was featured in my 2019 Slydini Inspiration Tour. I have chosen these effects because they floor audiences and they embody the spirit of misdirection, wonder and fun that Slydini inspired in me throughout my 52 year career in magic.
I will also feature several other of my own effects, "A Beautiful Day", "Mind's Eye", and "Transit Spheres". Many of these effects feature my own sleights and sleight substitutes including my new "Lay-Down" technique, The Wisch Overhand Shuffle, The Wisch Wedge, my variation of the Herb Zarrow Ghost Knot, as well as many others.
The lecture will run approximately 1.45-2hours and will have no intermission.
Lecture Overview and Contents
Slydini's Helicopter Card
- Complete routine performance
- Phase 1 (Slydini Palm, Card to Fan Technique)
- Explanation and importance of "Crossing the Gaze"
Killer Set 2
- "First Impression": My new handling and variation of the classic "Righting a Wrong" effect from "Royal Road to Card Magic".
- "Symbiotic Shoelace" - My version of the Shoelace Knot with a very magical, surprise ending.
- "Truth & Dare Routine" - My version of "Fast & Loose", using a rope instead of a chain, that introduces my new and practical lay-down technique.
- "Million to One Chance" - My variation of Brother Hamman's effect that matches ten red cards with ten black cards under impossible circumstances.
"The Slydini Knots" - Performance (as time allows)
Additional Featured Effects:
A Beautiful Day- Features the "Slydini Wild Card Turnover" and my new Flushtration Count.
Mind's Eye - A direct and powerful mental routine with a shuffled deck of cards.
"Transit Spheres" - A hand to hand marble transportation with a kicker ending.
- Expect some SURPRISES as well!
imfletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of imfletcher
I encourage everyone to not miss this opportunity. Slydini was a one of a kind, don’t take my word for it just watch his clips on YouTube. Plus the fact that Bill Wisch is a class act you will regret missing this lecture.
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
The countdown is on! 21 days until the first lecture of the "Slydini Admiration" summer tour. Which lecture will you be attending? Smile Thank you to our good friend, Scott Wells, for all of his incredible work in setting this up. My dad and I are greatly looking forward to seeing all of our friends on the road! For more info, visit https://www.billwisch.com/lecture

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3514 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you
KevinWisch
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of KevinWisch
FYI, we have now added a 19th stop on the tour, Des Moines, IA on July 24th! Both my father and I are greatly looking forward to hitting the road soon and seeing everyone. Hope to see you there!
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Looking forward to seeing Bills Lecture in Tucson,

NM
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Thanks Bill and Kevin for the great lecture today for IBM Ring 56 (Henderson, KY/Evansville, IN). Safe travels as you make your way to your next stop in Cleveland, OH.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Bill Wisch Slydini Admiration Tour 2023 Featuring Slydini's Helicopter Card (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL