The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sharpie Thru Anything (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I read about this on another post...

Where can it be found, and is there a good review out there?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hocus Pocus has it.
Gerard
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I don't have it yet but I played with it a bit at the shop I go to. The cool thing is you can take the cap off and put it on while it has penatrated the bill. The magnets are very strong, the problem is you have to switch the pens to be inspected. It's not like the stealth pen which you can ditch a portion of it. But I think a switch is worth doing this trick with a sharpie, a common object used by magicians.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The only down side I can see to this trick is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to push a regular sharpie marker through a dollar bill -- at least without making one heck of a mess. Other than that, it's a great idea.

BTW, a sharpie through bill came out in the late 1980's or early 1990's. So it's not really anything new.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Bill is right about the dollar bill WAY TO STRONG ! HERE IS TH MIRACLE : Take out you business card stick the marker through the card . tell the spectator you have an INVISIBLE HOLE now watch the hole move WOW ! DON'T BLINK pull the marker right through the card. Hold this about eye level when performing. NOW FOR THE SWITCH. Flip stick the marker it jumps to the back pocket, I then hand out the other marker and my business card. I love this so much I bought TWO. The marker is so strong I sometimes put it right through my mouth to check. GET THIS TRICK YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPOINTED. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED !! *****
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
I performed this tonight about a dozen times, I got so excited writting I left out some letters. Well I guess you guys will figure it out . Toooophatttter!!
da5id
View Profile
Loyal user
Dublin, Ireland
268 Posts

Profile of da5id
It rocks!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I'll be adding it to my pen through collection!
Gerard
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
I agree with what Mr.Palmer said. It is a fantastic idea, but if you were to try to push a Sharpie through a dollar bill, it would rip further that the actual marker, but the effect will still be great on the spectators. Smile I may check it out.

Later,
James Watkins
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
I came up with a great idea for a routine.
I have heard magicians, when they ask someone to sign a card say, "Watch out, it's a Sharpie". I came up with a signed bannana vanishing and reapering later when I try to produce a dove(Vanishing Bandana). Before I had them sign the bannana, use the line above, and accidentially push the sharpie thru the bannana. I figured I could gimmick the bannana, or the pen. I doubt that this sharpie would penetrate a bannana, would it? If they were strong magnets, it would squash the bannana, most likely.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sharpie Thru Anything (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL