The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Past IBM President Bill Pitts (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jodbirch
View Profile
New user
Arkansas
12 Posts

Profile of jodbirch
I'm sad to report that Past International President of the IBM, Bill Pitts, has passed at age 97. IBM Ring 75 in Fort Smith, AR is named after him, and he was instrumental in developing the "Cavalcade of Magic" convention that still takes place in Eureka Springs, AR. A Link to his obituary is below.

https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituari......11249675
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I remember working with Ruth and him backstage at the IBM in Reno and Abbott's. I also worked a Masonic magician's gathering for him in Ft. Smith, Ark. Calvert was there and I was the opening act the night Lee Grabel worked.

I last talked to him about 10 years ago when I was working with Ken Klosterman. Unfortunately, his memory had failed him pretty much at that point. But a great guy who did a lot for magic over the years.

May he rest in peace.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Sad to hear, but 97 is a pretty good run. I didn't know Bill well, but knew Ruth extremely well. "The Fondas," Clark and Ruth were my original and primary mentors way back all those decades ago. I was very happy to know that Ruth found love again after Clark's passing, and Bill was a fine man for her. His mind was a sort of warehouse of magical information and he was a fascinating man to have conversations with, no matter how many tangents we strolled down. I hadn't talked with him since Ruth's passing, and Richard's note above regarding Bill's memory issues is a sad thing to hear. The guy's magical memory had been a wonderful thing to see in action.
trey
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of trey
He was the IBM President when I was born. In my teenage years, is when I first had the pleasure of meeting him for the first time. He let me use his table during a show once. Little did I know that it was a priceless antique. I of course proceeded to do a fire trick on top of it. Luckily it went well, and I didn't ruin his table! Later in life him and his lovely wife Ruth sponsored my membership to the IBM. So I am forever grateful for them!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Past IBM President Bill Pitts (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL