The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A Question For Those Who Perform CSB (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I'm putting together a routine for Brass Button's but I can't make up my mind if to include an in the spectators hands phase or not.

My question is do you perform the in the spectators hands sequence ?

If so which version do you perform ie the method made popular by Doc Eason where you reach into the spectators closed fist or the method used by Bob Sheet's which is similar to Matthew Wrights method where you have the spectator rest on e hand on top of the other ?

Thanks for any replies.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Methinks the choice should be biased by other effects in your routine, and where this one comes in the set.
Congruency in audience engagement can be as important as volunteer selection.

I usually start with a spectator selecting the desired coins from a basket of many coin types. Thus, I am using "their coins"
and later "in their hands" effects are easier to accomplish, with "method" selected according to setting and volunteer.

I never perform CSB as a stand-alone effect and almost always have some "other than my hand" component,
but not necessarily as part of the CSB phase.

also, are you presenting that they are the cause of the magic, a referee, and extra pair of hands, other? Each framing can guide method and opportunity.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
GJo
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of GJo
Spectator's closed fist is effective. Also employed by Paul Vigil in his CSB routine.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
If you have two spectators, use Bob Sheets' method. One hand each, as he teaches for Triple Transpo.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
In my Ungimmicked CSB (Rubinstein Coin Magic), I have a transposition phase that takes place in the spectator's hand.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for everyone's comments it's much appreciated.
I have actually got a routine of my own that I'm working on I was just after feed back regarding the in the spectators hands phase Smile

Once again thanks for everyone's input.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Warren, in the long run, which way has the right feel for you?
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
FWIW, yes, I perform a sequence using an audience member’s hand. It’s very effective.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A Question For Those Who Perform CSB (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL