The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How Many Videos do you own? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I own maybe 10 videos and about 35-45 books. I love the videos, but the books are much more convenient when I want immediate access to a particular sleight.

Rather than just buy everything that's new or heavily hyped, I find myself buying older books that are well reviewed and have withstood the test of time.
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
I am up there somewhere with Scott in both books and video's. I prefer books though.
I have said this else where but even if I had only bought a book a month for the last 20 years that would mean I would have 240 books so it is not suprising I have so many.
Phillip
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
21 DVD's, 24 VHS tapes and 14 books. I believe believe it's easier to learn if it's explained visually. Books, however, are definitely the way to go once you know the basics, mainly because you get a lot more materials in a book.

In this hi-tech age wouldn't it be great if we can "swap" videos through the internet--kinda like kazaa.com, napster, etc.

Regards,
Tony
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Galloway does ramsay is certainly not an exciting video but it is a good learning tool and I like it because I get to see what all the hub-ub is about regarding Ramsay's misdirection and tricks.

I feel the same about the david roth tapes. I feel like I don't want to get rid of them because they are great but I fall asleep during those all the time.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Quote:
On 2002-08-05 17:23, Geoff Weber wrote:
To you guys with the big collections, on any given book or video, what percentage of the material do you actually make use of?
I believe I answered that to some extent in my previous post. Depends on the book.

But it's not about how much of the material I use--to me the tricks themselves are the LEAST important part of a book or video. The underlying theory, the construction, a simplification or an inspiration--THAT is what I buy books/videos for.

I have written 9 books on magic. If I didn't have my library, I never would have been able to write one (not one decent one anyway). It is often one little thing in one routine in a fairly obscure book that will inspire me to take off in a totally different direction and end up with something I otherwise would have never even thought of.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
preston91
View Profile
Regular user
clearwater,fl
186 Posts

Profile of preston91
I've been actively learning magic for about 3 years.
so far 27 videos, 17 books/lecture notes and way too many commercial tricks.
I just did the inventory and was somewhat suprised it was that much
My name is Paul and I'm a magic junkie!
Don't anyone tell my wife!! Actually, she's very understanding. She seldom raises an eyebrow anymore when the UPS guy shows up.. Smile

Paul
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Let's see... the last time I sat down and calculated exactly how many magic videos I have, I extimated the total number to be about.... one. *runs away sobbing* :b Just kidding.

The only magic video I own is Jerry Andrus's "A Lifetime of Magic"

Looking back on this purchase it seems like sort of a strange "First Video," but I have actually enjoyed watching it quite a bit.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How Many Videos do you own? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL