The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Using a Dove for Restaurant Magic. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Bob, thanks a lot for your detail reply. You let me know the situation of the states. I'm happy to know that magicians there are more concern about animal rights. I'm so relief when you say "I don’t know an entertainer in the USA that mistreats his animals. If I did, I would report him to the authorities. Most American would. "

Too sad, I met some today. I just came back from a magic show performed by a magic club of a university. Among the seven or eight performers, half of them used dove. The last one vanished 5 doves in a birdcage-like prop, which was merely around 2 feet x 1 feet. 5 doves inside! My god! The last dove shown was put inside his jacket throughout of the rountine, it was about 15 mins!

As a student, that magician is really brilliant, nice rountine, excellent manipulation. But I couldn't appreciate his show, not even a little bit. My mind is occupied by those 5 doves squeezed inside the props.

Very sad.

By the way, Bob, I'm young in magic, but my clockage is already 30.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Mouliu,

Oops! Sorry I said that. I don't have any thirty year old doves. Matilda the world's oldest chicken lives in Alabama and is used in a magic act. She has been on the Jay Leno show. (Not me! I'm jealous!)

Doves will fit in small places and often get there on their own, but there is a limit. There is no reason to ever endanger them or hurt them. There is also no reason to defend those who do. I won't.

My human age is sixty but I've been doing magic since I was sixteen. The good news is that "magician years" can't count against you! Can they?

Enjoy your magic and keep us posted.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Sam Tabar
View Profile
Inner circle
Austin, Texas
1050 Posts

Profile of Sam Tabar
James, why not use pigeons? Fried pigeons that is. Smile
"Knowledge comes from finding the answers, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom." - Anonymous
mouliu
View Profile
Regular user
Hongkong/Taiwan
169 Posts

Profile of mouliu
Oh Bob, you made me laugh.

Thank you.

Quote:
Enjoy your magic and keep us posted.

Sure. Thanks.
A novice't reflection: I like watching my audience's jaws drop, but sadly in reality I'm just too busy to enjoy it. Smile
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Let's see, the upside: producing a bird is startling and amazing. They are cute and often colorful.

Now, the downside: There are something like 43 different diseases that birds can get that are communicable to humans... birds also shed feathers and ... other material ... birds are also a fairly common focus for phobic reactions (people scream and run away or become catatonic and curl up in a little ball on the floor and cannot be made to respond) ... birds are easily injured ... many birds are susceptible to rapid temperature changes, which can lead to illness and death within hours ... birds can become aggressive and attack if they feel threatened (species dependent) ... resetting the tricks that use them often takes time and secrecy (not readily available in the average restaurant environment) ... they require special transportation ... your liability insurance may not cover accidents involving them (check your policy) ... they moult (when they do, they look terrible, regardless of species) ...

Do the math.

Now ask yourself: Is it really worth the hassle and possible expense and possible loss of the gig?

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Using a Dove for Restaurant Magic. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL