The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tiger Deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Has anyone used the Tiger Deck?

Bob
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
phantomace
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of phantomace
They are great! Beautiful and well made. I got mine from http://www.xtremehandz.com

Very quick and great service.

Phantom
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
I received mine in the mail today. Since it's late I don't have much time to play with them yet. They are very nice but not something you'd use over a regular deck (as your primary deck).

Deerbourne
superhiro
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of superhiro
I bought a pack yesterday and found them to be very nice cards. Straight out of the box I did a nice fan which really looked impressive with the inverted colours.

Today I played around with it a bit more and then tried some routines but realised that using them as your normal deck just doesn't look right. Doing a quick ambitious card routine and twisting the aces made me realise that having the normal colours seems more impressive. In the end I wasn't sure if the right card was coming to the top because they all look the same, just black with a little white.

Hiro
Bohh
View Profile
Regular user
Northeast Ohio
162 Posts

Profile of Bohh
I noticed that, too. I think they were designed more for flourishes, like you found out. That, and attention getters. Wow, do they get attention!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
They certainly do!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
cliffe85
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of cliffe85
I don't use them in tricks, they're like my collection item.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Here we go again...
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
Was it the Four of Clubs ? (in joke!!!)
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
LordM
View Profile
Loyal user
Portugal
232 Posts

Profile of LordM
Wellington it's a very good looking one, but I wouldnt use it for real life, if you know what I mean.
Imagine, if you do a card magic trick with that kind of deck it looks tottally suspicious for the audience, because it doesent looks like a regular deck.
Kind Regards,
JP

http://www.joaopedroso.com
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
Here is a use for the Tiger Deck that some may find interesting. I use the Invisible Deck, along with a “normal” deck.

I ask someone to select a card and to turn in up side down and place it in the deck. I tell them to place the cards back in the box and place their hand on the box, on the table or between their hands.

I then remove the Invisible Deck from my pocket and ask them to tell me their selected card (that they turned over and are holding down.) The box that holds my Invisible Deck is the same color as the one they are holding down.

However, the Invisible Deck cards are made from the Tiger Deck.

Somehow, the Tiger Deck makes perfect sense when used in this presentation. And, unlike using them as your regular working cards, this presentation works very well.

Bob
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I don't see the point of the tiger deck. it's a novelty, like something I'd buy at spencer gifts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tiger Deck? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL