The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for Chinese coins in the UK (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Hi everyone,
I recently puchased the Charming Chinese Challenge DVD and some thin Chinese coins, however I'd like some better looking ones so if anyone out there knows where I can purchase some decent looking thin half dollar size Chinese coins for the above trick I'd be very interested in hearing from you.

Many thanks in advance.

warren
Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
Try the uk magic shops.

If you e-mail international or davenports I'm sure they will have some
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
the74rock
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of the74rock
Warren go to http://www.misdirections.com and give them a call. they ship to uk and they have some nice johnson chinese coins. I got some the other day.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Are there any gift shops on Wardour Street? Last time I went there to see what took Ken Brooke's shop space it looked like all Chinese shops.

You can also find all kinds of foreign coins with a clever search and a little patience, on ebay.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Adam Keisner
View Profile
Veteran user
London
335 Posts

Profile of Adam Keisner
Wardour street now runs thru Soho right into the heart of China Town where a whole bevy of(non-intentional) magic props can be found. Cool part of town... when were you last here Pete?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Darned if I can recall when Ken Brooke closed, but I was there about three years ago on holiday and just wandered over there to see what the area was like.
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
Warren,
I find the Chinese Challenge actually works much better with those "thin" coins; I sanded my coins smoother so they would not snag during the routine; sanding the hole in the coin also helps a smooth flow of the ribbon; Another poster recommended flat carriage washers from a hardware store;
BWind
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Warren,
most magic shops stock these coins.
Try Magicbox
or Card Collection www. cards4magic.co.uk

Eddie
Allan
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Allan
Replicas of chinese coins are available in craft stores at a fraction of the price from a magic dealer. They are also available in larger sizes.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thank's for the help,i've managed to get some chinese coin's now so I'm all sorted.
thank's again.
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
As Eddie mentioned above

http://www.cards4magic.co.uk

is a great resource for not just cards but all kinds of coins, gaffs, dice, mats, wands, TT's, etc etc and just about every small prop. Nice people to deal with, too.

Pete Biro: I just looked up a personal letter from Ken Brooke dated 22 January 1980 in which he mentions he closed the studio "last December". So., December 1979. Happy days.

Riley
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
MANY THANKS FOR THE DATE
joef90
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of joef90
Half dollar "penny washers" in stainless steel from an ironmonger are a good substitute
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Looking for Chinese coins in the UK (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL