The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Magic Gimmicks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
John Linoren
View Profile
New user
Sweden
28 Posts

Profile of John Linoren
I own Encyclopedia of Silk Magic, and all I can tell you is that it is great! Folding silks, produce vanish change, everything is included in these four books!
Mundus Vult Decipi - Ergo Decipiatur

www.freewebs.com/linoren
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I wasn't aware that the Rice Encyclopedia had a fourth book, until you mentioned it John. Does it contain new material or did they repackage the original set?

Thanks,
Kregg
POOF!
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
It is new material, Kregg. However, it was not written by Harold Rice nor was it published by Silk King Studios. And it is actually called Encyclopedia of Silk Magic volume 4. It does have some good content plus it has an index of the material on all four volumes.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry to disappoint you but Vol. 4 was written by Harold Rice. It laid for over 30 years unfinished. Hank Lee got it when he bought the rights to the other books. He hired a computer person to design exact copies of the Fonts so it would match the other 3 Vol.'s.

I don't know if Hank Lee added other material besides what Harold Rice had. He may have.

This information was all advertised as such back when it was 1st published.
Rice
View Profile
Regular user
Ruth Rice Crone
106 Posts

Profile of Rice
Regarding "Volume 4" of the Encyclopedia of Silk Magic, Jimmy is correct! There is a lot of confusion about this. Dad, Harold Rice, did not write Volume 4! He sold the rights to the three Volumes he wrote. "Volume 4" was written by Mark Trimble. Priviously,I posted some information about Volume 4 at the following link
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=84996&forum=54&post=3825493.
I have all his files and notes for "Rice's" Volume 4
Ruth Rice Crone
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Ruth, is there any chance his writings for volume 4 will see print in the near future? I am definitely interested.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Rice
View Profile
Regular user
Ruth Rice Crone
106 Posts

Profile of Rice
Jimmy,

There is a great deal of interest in seeing his material and research move forward, but it would take a lot of time, love, and professional attention to see justice done to the material. Although there has been interest, I have not been approached with the perfect marriage to see it advance in the immediate future. I am hopeful that magical day will come!
Ruth
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Ruth,

Bravo for you! Success is a trust to be administered, not exploited.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
I would highly recommend the products of Jay Scott berry - especially the Eclipse tip - the method for the 21st Century silks even fools magicians and it is so visual.

I also enjoy using the "Cloaking device" which is useful not only for silk magic but also a lot of other things.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Magic Gimmicks (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL