The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Open Riffle Shuffle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicfan456
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicfan456
Hi everybody, I know this is a basic move but I've seen several sources teach this differently so I'd appreciate any help. Is it better to have only the middle fingers on the long side of the deck(on the far side opposite from the two thumbs) with the ring and pinky fingers placed on the short sides, or is it better to have both the middle and ring fingers on the long side with only the pinkies supporting from the short sides. Does either method make the shuffle easier or work better for more advanced techniques?
Also, when shuffling should the hands be raised above the table so only the fingers touch it, or should the base of the hands rest on the table. Thanks in advance for all help.
MagicT
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1248 Posts

Profile of MagicT
It's all a matter of style.

Trini
Trini Montes
Great Domino
View Profile
Special user
Canada
545 Posts

Profile of Great Domino
I prefer to keep my pinky' on the small edges. To square, just lightly squeeze your fingers together and it'll blend.
Paul Chosse
View Profile
V.I.P.
1955 - 2010
2389 Posts

Profile of Paul Chosse
Read Erdnase...

Best, PSC
"You can't steal a gift..." Dizzy Gillespie
dbiderman
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of dbiderman
To me it all varies...when actually playing card games, a "closed" shuffle where the hands are closer in is always used; the reason being that when using an open shuffle it is exponentially easier to not only glimpse cards but to control certain amounts of cards to fall at the end of your shuffle
jcards01
View Profile
Inner circle
Waterloo, IL
1438 Posts

Profile of jcards01
I have the forefingers curled on top and the other three fingers together at their respective outer ends of the halves.
Jimmy 'Cards' Molinari
www.jimmycards.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Open Riffle Shuffle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL