The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » So I can muscle pass..Now what (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BronxRican
View Profile
New user
bronx ny
25 Posts

Profile of BronxRican
Ive been doing the mp on and off for about 2 years. I've always used it as a flourish though. What more can I get out of it. I've heard there are actual routines that utilize this move but I'm not sure.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
sc_wizard29
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of sc_wizard29
Checkout "Shoot Shot" in "Cultural Xchange 1".

There is a review on http://www.coinvanish.com
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
There are several routines which utilise the MP. You may like to look at the coins through glass topped table which is one of the last routines in Kaufman Coinmagic book. There are some vanishes utilising the move on the cultural exchange dvds, also a production utilising the move on the same.

Try using a similar routine to the coins through table but use a glass door/ glass sided bus shelter etc.

Try a search here on the Café...I use it for a perpetual coins type effect.
BronxRican
View Profile
New user
bronx ny
25 Posts

Profile of BronxRican
Thanks..I'm curious to see how it works in a routine. I've always thought it was there as an excellent coin flourish.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
what the...?
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
378 Posts

Profile of what the...?
A friend of mine showed me a cool trick where you put a coin in a purse frame, and it vanishes, then visually dumps it out by MPing the coin into the purse, so it falls back out. It looks amazing.

Brian
The great Sandwich!
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Sounds similar to something shoot does on Cultural Exchange in his Neo Purse frame routine...looks really good.
Justin Hart
View Profile
Loyal user
Warsaw, VA
221 Posts

Profile of Justin Hart
Without purchasing a purse frame from a dealer, are these easy to find now a days?

I haven't had the chance to run out (everything close is at least 45 mins away because I live in the country) and actually look for a cheap purse I can cut up.

I like Curtis Kam's idea of having the shredded purse from Palms of Steel 2 very much. Thank you for any help in obtaining one,
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
The Muscle Pass is a wonderful utility. I personally prefer using it in a secret way, rather than as a flourish.

I use it in conjunction with the sleeves, topit, and breast pocket in various routines. I also use it for a production and in conjunction with the purse frame. Shoot Ogawa has some wonderful work on the Muscle Pass, and I urge you to check it out (Cultural XChange 1&2).

But just so you know, I don't use it just to show off, but because in many cases it is the best method. It is a wonderful tool. Good luck!
Chris "linkster" Watson
View Profile
Special user
England
564 Posts

Profile of Chris
Justin,

Don't know if it'll be the same where you are but I found a purse in a charity shop over here. May be worth a look.

They are pretty cheap from magic shops though.

Chris
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
880 Posts

Profile of e-man
John Cornelius has an effect called The coin that falls up with the (MP)
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
I saw Paul West at the Colorado Renaissance Festival this morning. He was using Eisenhowers, and he dropped the coin from his left to his right (a vanish). As the crowd caught it as an 'un-magical' move, he said he'd do it again and MP'd the coin back up to his left, repeated and MP'd again.

The patter isn't exact because I wasn't listening to what he was saying. I was just floored with the MP myself (as I couldn't do it to save my life). My wife just turned and stared at me with the, 'How the heck did he do that' look.

Deerbourne
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » So I can muscle pass..Now what (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL