The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If you had the gift of.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2004-07-27 06:55, Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
Reread the story of Midas first, DaffyDoug.

Steve

I was jesting when I said it. I know the story and the moral, and yada yada yada.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
kloud
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
74 Posts

Profile of kloud
In order:
mind-control

invisibility

flying
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I think the invisibility power would be SO awesome. talk about stealth! And the places you could go! The world would be your oyster!

But I always wondered about one thing,though. That is, if you eat a sandwich or whatever, people would see a boloney sandwich floating around in mid air wherever you walked, and that would be sort of a dead giveaway, knowhutimeen?

Or if you smoked, which I don't, then they would either see a cig floating around in mid air, or they would see the smoke shaped like your lungs. Wierd, eh?

But, anyway, the invisibility would be GREAT for spying, or eavesdropping, or stuff like that!
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Knowledge.
Information is power as the saying goes and I would like to know it all. Let me restate that. I want to know IT ALL! Everything that ever was, is, and ever will be. Just imagine the power that could come with that. The good that could be done and the bad.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Whoa! That's called omnicience, and that would make you GOD, my man.
Hayze
View Profile
New user
Louisiana
83 Posts

Profile of Hayze
I've always wanted to be a shape shifter.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Invisibility ! Smile
Niko
View Profile
Special user
England
599 Posts

Profile of Niko
Wouldn't it be cool if you could like pause and rewind life? (Bit like Sky + really...) Like you could just pause, and everyone else would stay still and but you could move. And then if you did something like mess a magic trick up, you could rewind back and have a another try at it!

-Niko
When you do something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Quote:
On 2004-07-29 17:12, daffydoug wrote:

Not God. I still couldn't actually DO any of the miracles. I just would like to know what is out there to know. To have all of the answers, to hold all the keys.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
[quote]On 2004-07-30 05:19, Niko wrote:
Wouldn't it be cool if you could like pause and rewind life? (Bit like Sky + really...) Like you could just pause, and everyone else would stay still and but you could move. And then if you did something like mess a magic trick up, you could rewind back and have a another try at it! Niko (End Quote)

At first I thought you were talking about deja vu, because that always feels like life has been rewound, and replayed, but now it seems what you are talking about is like more what Bill Murray went through in the movie "Groundhog day", sort of.

But I see what you are saying, and I must say, you have a fasntastic imagination, and your idea is the COOLEST one mentioned so far! Man I'd LOVE to do that! That would be an awesome power.

What else would be cool and very similar to what you are saying is to be able to cause the whole world to "freeze" in time, and you are the only one who can move and act. In other words, on your command, everyone just FREEZES in their tracks, like store manequins, in fact, all motion in the entire world, even time itself STOPS, until you want it to start up again. In the meantime, you just have your fun, and do whatever your little heart pleases.

I can't claim originality for the idea, as I saw it on an episode of the Twilight Zone. (Doo dee doo dee, doo dee doo dee)

Posted: Jul 31, 2004 10:24am

-------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------

On 2004-07-30 08:35, Samuel Catoe wrote:
Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------

On 2004-07-29 17:12, daffydoug wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------

Not God. I still couldn't actually DO any of the miracles. I just would like to know what is out there to know. To have all of the answers, to hold all the keys.

--------------------------------------------------------

While your at it, why not have your proverbial cake and eat it too, as the saying goes? Why just have the knowledge without the power? Why have the keys without a door to put them in?
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Time travel. I would want to know the future & the past.
Self concept is destiny..
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Time travel would be a great way to do it, no doubt.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Yes--the possibility of time reversal or changing something you knew that might happen. There was a great movie on FX? called time shifters? something or other about this service that sold tickets to the worlds disasters and you could be there minutes before it happened. It was a great movie...although I would try to prevent the bad stuff, if I could.

Ellen
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
If you knew everything in the universe, then following that you would also know How to do everything in the universe, and therefore be able to do anything you want.

However, life would be quiet boring knowing everything!!!

You would have to create some species, and just watch them discover stuff for fun, since you couldn't do it yourself....... oh wait.
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
Extreme telekinesis... It would be so great to move anything, of any weight, despite size or shape or anchorage as far and as fast as you want just by pointing at it. Jedi powers, if you will, but easier.

You could then really pull off some great Psychkinetic Silverware stunts... "Watch, as this stop sign bends like butter." This also alows for "super-strength" because you could just move it with your mind and hold onto an object. This can also double as a type of "mind-control" without the mind-control... with some practice you could move a person, their limbs independently, eyes, and even their vocal cords, giving you complete power over someone, with them trapped inside thier minds, unable to do anything.

You could then, in turn, also fly, just moving yourself about as fast as you want. You can also pull off a vanish and reappear effect, just move yourself across the room in a split-second and as long as you make every part of you stop at the exact moment, you won't feel a thing.

The magic tricks are endless... people always think of IT tricks without the IT. For some more obvious examples, you could shapeshift objects, moving around molecules like liquid, cause 'instant' switches, make people 'disappear'... you name it. Think of the card FLOURISHES and stunts you could pull off! De'vo, eat my fanning powder! 'Actual' color changes, any trick ever thought of could be done 'for real,' in the sense that you could move and switch whatever you want as quick as you want.

Misdirection would be extreme! Remove watches, wallets, belts, pants, anthing you can think of, instantly, while sitting six feet away from someone chatting with them.

I'm getting tired of thinking of the possibilities, but let your imaginations go with this one... it has more possibilities than anything I can think of.
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man, you've got me salivating over this one! This sounds awesome.

another power that would be great is the "Fire starter" power. (You know , like in the movies)

The world would be at your feet, because they would be **** afraid to cross you.

Or, if you choose, don't let them know you started the inferno. They could NEVER prove it.

Lot of cool, or should I say, HOT, possibilities here for magic effects, also.
prettylady1990
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of prettylady1990
I would love to be able talk to animals. I think it would be cool to talk with my pet ducks, dogs etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » If you had the gift of.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL