The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Svengali Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
King Of Pop
View Profile
Veteran user
Estonia
392 Posts

Profile of King Of Pop
Just buy this deck, you will immeadetly understand when you recive it Smile
God Bless You, I Love You From The Bottom Of My Heart
blade
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
208 Posts

Profile of blade
Welcome to magic!!!
salamangkero/musikero

boj_ice@yahoo.com
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
I agree with King of Pop. You should find out quickly, once you open the box.
Jailhouse Jonny
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Jailhouse Jonny
Other trick suggestions: Get a set of sponge balls (size and type is a matter of preference and some debate, but go with what feels comfortable in your hands.) A box of 4 shouldn't be much over $10.00 Canadian. Get the Hampton Ridge video 25 tricks with Sponge Balls, about $10-15 US.

Get utility items: TT (the magic shop folks will know), change bag, etc....

If you need suggestions with the Svengali, PM me
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
Quote:
On 2004-07-28 17:17, hawkntia wrote:
Actually I just got back from Gizmoz, just like 5minutes ago. but the magician wasnt there :S I was kinda mad about that cuz I had to take the sky train and a bus to get there and he was late or something.. anyways I picked myself up a Svengali deck and a 101 tricks book.. and I'm going back there maybe friday or something to get some more stuff, so if you guys have any suggestions on some good tricks to buy please tell me cuz I plan on spending a pretty big load of money.

hi,

welcome to magic.... and how much is your "pretty big load of money" ?? hee hee Smile

anyway, if you are interested in card magic, a lot of guys will tell you to start with books... cheap and a lot of things to learn....

for me, I started with books, but am not really a book person... then I moved on to videos/Dvds.... I found that I learnt more... no offence to anyone, but its just me.... I learn more from visual demo...

Michael Ammar's Easy to master card miracles and daryl's EOCS is a good starter for card magic...

ammar's has tricks and teaches briefly on the sleights needed to accomplilsh those tricks...while daryl teaches more on the sleights... Both are VERY GOOD teachers...

if you are getting Ammar's ETMCM dvds, I suggest starting with the one that teaches twisting the aces volume...i think it is vol 2... actually any vol in his first 6 are ok... they are all keepers... he also has recently released vol 6-9.....

other person you should not forget to look at if you are byuing dvds is Bill Malone...

as for self-working tricks, maybe you can look at Skinner's 3 card monte... very very good !!!

tricks also recommended are: doc eason's impossible opener, McBride's kundalini, gordon bean's joker joker where you get to learn the LA open---very good !!! ,and not forgetting what a lot of people have claimed to be the best card trick: curry's Out of this world!!!!!

just my $0.02

enjoy.....
cheers
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
metwin1
View Profile
New user
Singapore
60 Posts

Profile of metwin1
I'm not too fond of the Svengali Deck. It's not examinable, and your friends will always want to examine your props. That is, I am assuming that beginner magicians usually limit their performances to friends and family, like I do.

The only gaff deck I'd use is the Stripper Deck, because it's pretty much clean, and friends don't detect the problem, unless they have a normal deck to compare with.
snap
View Profile
Loyal user
New York, USA
218 Posts

Profile of snap
Although I do believe in black magic such as wicca and the ouji board, I believe it comes from the wrong source, which is why I do purely slight of hand, everything I do has a trick behind it. the Svengali deck is nothing "spiritualistic." I actually have three or four of them right now, it is merely a trick to fool the eye and make it seem like magic
**--snap--**
DamienT98
View Profile
Regular user
London UK now live in Austin Tx
180 Posts

Profile of DamienT98
The Svengali Deck was the first gimmicked deck I ever bought, buy it, you will love it.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2024 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
The nice thing about a Svengali is you can do different types of forces also.
Once you get it, you'll know what I mean.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Svengali Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL