The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How do you get money from your magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

werton
View Profile
New user
atlanta
65 Posts

Profile of werton
Jsut wondering any tips would be nice thanx
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
Theres tons of ways. I like to sit in the middle of the downtown mall and throw cards like a 100 feet to get peoples atention. Then I do some magic and they put the money in the hat next to me. Then I make the money disapear by spending it on more magic. You could do a stage show or get a gig at a restraunt.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Have a street license and perform on the streets of your local neighborhood. Smile have a hat to collect tips. that's how street magic works... Smile
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
Werton, Just make sure you get out there. At first it feels kinda scary but once you do it, its a ton of fun.
Open Traveller
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of Open Traveller
Quote:
On 2004-07-31 00:19, JoshuaAllens wrote:
Theres tons of ways. I like to sit in the middle of the downtown mall and throw cards like a 100 feet to get peoples atention. Then I do some magic and they put the money in the hat next to me.

And mall security doesn't throw you out? That's a pretty good trick in itself.
Josh Allens
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia
188 Posts

Profile of Josh Allens
No, Its an outside mall. Theres a street that people walk around on (no cars)and stores on both sides. All the performers just sit in the middles of the street and perform. I don't think there is mall security.
EvanSparts
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
333 Posts

Profile of EvanSparts
I think taking tips is an awkward moment, when I go to street magic I go out with the intent on booking more shows, not that I don't accept tips I just think Its awkward. Eugene Burger talks about tips in restaruant magic, in the Chicago tapes, and how he handles it, I kinda like the way he puts it.
Gislain
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Gislain
You can always transform a 20 in to a 1 dollar and keep the change.
lol
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Sounds like your not ready for the street as of yet
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
werton
View Profile
New user
atlanta
65 Posts

Profile of werton
This post was made a long time ago I'm now much more mature and looking back on it I cant help but think how far ive come from bieng able to do just and old deal down trick and now being able to do an acr ,card through window glass eating and all sorts of slights, I'de like to thank all the magic comunnity for it's adivce and support its truely a wonderful art.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Are you referring to money from street magic, or as a close up magician?

With street magic (proper street magic), there are people better suited than me to advice.

However, with reference tips with walkaround, I really would recommend not going for tips. I think it demeans what you have done, and will leave a slightly sour taste in their mouth - rather than remember a polished performance, and superb magic, they will feel they have been slightly conned.

Just my oponion - I never accept tips.

Simon
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
England is a different animal. The culture is vastly different. In America people are used to tipping, heck it is part of the culture so it does NOT leave a bad taste in their mouth.

You will notice that EUgene does not SOLICIT tips, but you will NEVER see him turn one down. He knows that turning it down hurts as much as soliciting them sometimes. You can insult them by tuning them down sometimes. That is bad also.

Never solicit them. This is the worst thing to do.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Somebody, usually an event organizer hires me to perform Street Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » How do you get money from your magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL