The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Morgan vs. Banachek (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheNightBringer89
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of TheNightBringer89
Hey guys, I am considering either buying Banachek's fourth dvd in his series (I have his other 3) or Morgan's liquid metal in the near future.

I already own Psychokinetic Silverware by Banachek, so keeping that in mind, which one would you recommend? Thanks
"Dreams are born of imagination, fed upon illusions, and put to death by reality."

It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong,
If you're not like the others then you don't belong.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
Pk silverware is all you need to impress any layman with bends.
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
There is much more than bending forks and spoons on the fourth vlume, I havent seen Morgan's and I would personally await some reviews on the Café before putting my money out there. Banachek's has a great deal of positive reviews and I recommend it highly.

Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
You should check out another thread right below this one entitled, "Morgan Metal Bending." I have not seen the Morgan DVD but I have seen some the trailor/demo at Penguin's magic site. The manufactureer of the DVD does give creidt to Banachek for allowing MOrgan to use his techniques to bend the fork so I do not know to what degree is Morgan's technique(s) different or varied from Banachek's. From teh demo it appears that Morgan can bend the tines of a fork in all sorts of different directions at the same time. It certainly would not be fair or prudent of me to criticize or judge this particular DVD without compeltely seeing it. But for me, it just seems more like magic than mentalism.

Probably Banachek's DVDS are enough. Although I am leaning (or bending) to the opinion that it is good to have different ideas and perspectives on teh same subject by different performers. However, there are already many metal bending DVDs by Kuff, Osterlind (albeit different-spoon bending, not fork bending), Bavli and now Morgan. Have we all gone metal bending happy?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Scott Wells
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston, TX
1025 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Keep in mind that the material on DVD #4 (Psychokinesis) does not duplicate what is on Psychokinetic Silverware. It enhances and adds new "twists" to silverware, plus other PK effects for coins, keys, nails and pencils.

As to which I would recommend...well, I'm biased Smile

yours,
Scott Wells
Managing Partner
Magic Inspirations
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Dove84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Dove84
I'm biased as well having seen first hand the reactions Morgan gets with this routine Smile
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
455 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I could not agree with you more Scott. Banachek's Psychokinetic Silverware and his Volume 4 Psychokinesis DVD are both top notch and a must have for anyone into metal bending. IMO he is the best ever and I highly respect him.
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Definatley wait on morgans. to me it looks like he's just using banachek's moves with different 'types' of bends. but from the penguin video, you couldn't tell much Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Welcome aboard Morgan! We eagerly await the release:)
DP the Great
View Profile
Regular user
CC, Texas
198 Posts

Profile of DP the Great
Banacheck is very good. But every time I do Silver Metal, I fry people! Very strong, very easy to do. I would highly recommend liquid metal. High action, quick pace fork bending routine with a killer souvenir. My most asked for routine by far! I love it! -DP
D. P. the Great
www.dpandedmagic.com
Al Straker
View Profile
Grammar Host
Australia
1130 Posts

Profile of Al Straker
Quote:
On 2004-08-08 06:12, Morgan Strebler wrote:
I could not agree with you more Scott. Banachek's Psychokinetic Silverware and his Volume 4 Psychokinesis DVD are both top notch and a must have for anyone into metal bending. IMO he is the best ever and I highly respect him.

Well said Morgan, your not too shabby yourself!

Cheers,
Al
Al Straker
Resident Mystery Entertainer at Multiple Venues
Music & Mentalism Specialty Act 'Completely Mental'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGhApqnG7I

(Old clip, show has changed quite a bit since then!)

Jazz & Contemporary Musician/Composer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnN3JNmeKns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_zfOvpneA
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
486 Posts

Profile of Roy
Hand Down - Banacheck!
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Why does it have to be a contest? Whatever works best for you. I watched Osterlind's bends ONCE and was able to pick them up. I'm still have problems with Banachek's. Yet Banachek's two business card p--ks are probably the easiest I've ever learned. Morgan's bends are exactly as he describes them... "art". Yes, they're quick, but they're also dramatic. Whatever floats your boat.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Hmm... the best way to settle it is have banachek and stebler hold the hilt of a sword... then use their PSI powers to make it bend towards their opponent's neck... "Therrree cannn beeee onnnlyyyy onneee...."

Actually, I side with Gabe - you should get both - plus Osterlind's materials, plus sections of Tarbell... to even Dan Harlan material.... I am of the school if you are going to do an effect to the extreme - get everything on it you can and find the subtle nuances of every performer... mix it together - add your own take.. and you get something much more powerful and original designed to your performance character.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2136 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Agreed- case in point, Bruce Lee. He studied many styles, took what he could from each, and created the most devastating, practical style of Martial Arts perhaps ever invented- Jeet Kune Do- "The "Way of The Intercepting Fist", or, what could be called, "the style of NO style"- of incorporating the best of everything. Many of the dogmatic old-school masters were taken aback by this young punk, saying their style was "THE ONLY WAY" and challenged Lee outright. None ever beat him.

Ok, enough with the Kung Fu, back to the mentalism...
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
Just had Lunch with Banachek
Go for it!
He knows.
Listen to every thing he say

Lior
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2007-06-09 14:40, gabelson wrote:
Agreed- case in point, Bruce Lee. He studied many styles, took what he could from each, and created the most devastating, practical style of Martial Arts perhaps ever invented- Jeet Kune Do- "The "Way of The Intercepting Fist", or, what could be called, "the style of NO style"- of incorporating the best of everything. Many of the dogmatic old-school masters were taken aback by this young punk, saying their style was "THE ONLY WAY" and challenged Lee outright. None ever beat him.

Sorry Gabe,
That is absolutely NOT what Bruce Lee did. He invented a seperate style that did not have the limitations of other styles.

Although movement in humans is similar and he did study certain leverages and power transfers of many styles, Jeet Kune Do [the way Bruce Lee taught it] had it's own system and form. It was not a hodge podge of many styles.

As far as the legend of no one ever beating Lee, that's debatable.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
malkav
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of malkav
I'm partial to Uri Gellers video. Smile
Rafael The Master Hypnotist
View Profile
Elite user
South East Asia
498 Posts

Profile of Rafael The Master Hypnotist
Quote:
On Jun 9, 2007, Xiqual wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-06-09 14:40, gabelson wrote:

Sorry Gabe,
That is absolutely NOT what Bruce Lee did. He invented a seperate style that did not have the limitations of other styles.

Although movement in humans is similar and he did study certain leverages and power transfers of many styles, Jeet Kune Do [the way Bruce Lee taught it] had it's own system and form. It was not a hodge podge of many styles.

As far as the legend of no one ever beating Lee, that's debatable.
James

Who is Bruce Lee?

Is he related to a The owner of a magic store in Medford who is charged with credit card fraud?
The BIGEST Room in the world is the Room for Improvement
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Not Bruce Lee,....that was HANK LEE, Medtord, Mass. I was shocked to learn of his devolving into crime as when I lived in MA I visited and bought from Hank Lee's shop for many years in the 70s to 80s! Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Morgan vs. Banachek (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL