The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Duffie books? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Any other votes for Virtual Miracles? I was thinking about a purchase.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2004-12-13 13:08, matinex wrote:
I've heard a lot of great stuff about Effortless Card Magic. But everywhere I've looked, it's out of stock. Duffie's web site says it's out of print. Does anybody know where I can get a copy? Or might it return to print sometime soon?

-Dave

I noticed International Magic in London still have this listed if you didn't track it down. Great book.http://www.internationalmagic.com/acatalog/A_Z_Author_.html

Paul.
doiron
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of doiron
Check out Card Secrets Unlocked.

Although a cliche, one effect alone is worth the price of the book: Miracle Thot!

I've performed it several times in the last two weeks for lay people and members of my magic club with terrific responses.

In brief, a card is selected simply by having the spec look at the fan of cards and think of one. After some verbal by-play the magi produces an envelope with a prediction in it. The spec takes the face up deck and deals the cards one at a time on the table until he comes to his merely thought-of card.

Two "surprises" occur - 1) the card in the envelope matches the selection, and 2) the card the spec removed from the deck is the only one with a different coloured back.

Obviously, to avoid tipping the method, I've omitted a couple of very minor points but, in essence, the above description is what the audience will remember. A stunner, in my humble opinion.

Rod
Dave Forrest
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
857 Posts

Profile of Dave Forrest
I second Card Compulsions. It's a book I always go back to and read over again and every time I do I add another Duffie effect to my repertoire. The first effect in the book is a cracker, "The Three Packet Shuffle". I sat down with it last night and learned it for the first time, I don't know how I could have passed over it the other times I read the book. Also, look out for an excellent Four Ace/Triumph effect entitled "Just for Starters" that Peter says was inspired by Al Leech's "Sleeve Aces", an excellent Ace transposition with an astonishing kicker called "Aces Apace" and these are only in the first fifth of the book! None of this material is 'easy' (if there is such a thing) but it's all tremendous card magic.

Dave.
Andrew Loh
View Profile
Inner circle
Malaysia
1455 Posts

Profile of Andrew Loh
Quote:
On 2005-04-27 05:43, doiron wrote:
Check out Card Secrets Unlocked.

Although a cliche, one effect alone is worth the price of the book: Miracle Thot!

I've performed it several times in the last two weeks for lay people and members of my magic club with terrific responses.

In brief, a card is selected simply by having the spec look at the fan of cards and think of one. After some verbal by-play the magi produces an envelope with a prediction in it. The spec takes the face up deck and deals the cards one at a time on the table until he comes to his merely thought-of card.

Two "surprises" occur - 1) the card in the envelope matches the selection, and 2) the card the spec removed from the deck is the only one with a different coloured back.

Obviously, to avoid tipping the method, I've omitted a couple of very minor points but, in essence, the above description is what the audience will remember. A stunner, in my humble opinion.

Rod

Hi folks,

Yes, I am definitely agree with this, this effect alone is worth the price of this ebook. Check it out and it's awesome! Smile

Best,
Andrew

Check out my new card magic eBooks "The Magnificent Queens" & "Triple Charms" at:
www.cardicianden.com

My Cardician Den Blog:
http://pasteboards.blogspot.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Duffie books? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL