The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Are you all professionals? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

pwagorn
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of pwagorn
After reading hundreds of posts, it seems to me that they are all directed towards actual performace in front of audiences (ie professional magicians). The opinions ("only perform if you are polished") seem to reflect actual performances as the only valid form of magic.

Most of the responses seem to only be in the context of this idea... so my question is this: Are these forums for PROFESSIONAL magicians only? How about people who just do magic for their friends?
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Though a large percentage of our members are indeed professionals, there are many beginners, hobbyists and amateur's as well.

However, we realize that many of the subjects presented can seem very overwhelming to a beginner, and thus we created the New to magic forum.

It is there that much information can be obtained for the neophyte.
Good luck!
Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
stevebraley
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of stevebraley
To be well polished before you perform does not mean that you have to have a zillion routines. You can select a few and perfect those to perform.

One of my favorite things to do is perform quick magic for someone who doesn't even know it is about to happen. For example, standing in line at the grocery store, for a hostess or server in a restaurant on the way out the door, or stopping to help someone with car trouble. Sometimes their reactions are very strong. Here they are going about their daily lives and bam something wonderful happens. Then, just as quickly you are gone.

The point is that you are providing entertainment no matter what the size of the audience (your friends or strangers). The more polished you are the more you can concentrate on giving someone a wonderful time.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Very well said Steve, thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Are you all professionals? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL