The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » History of Magic Footage! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SPLAT
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SPLAT
Can anybody please tell me where I can find magic videos or footage of any kind regarding the history of magic. I'm mainly looking for information on magic historical figures and effects they were best known for.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Splat
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
Hi Splat,

Go to http://www.britishpathe.com and type "magician" into the search engine. You'll get free access to a fair amount of vintage material - their download system is somewhat over complicated but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
Grand Illusions: The Story of Magic. I found it on Netflix. It appears to be several episodes of a series but it has a nice overview of some of the top names.

Deerbourne
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
Quote:
On 2004-08-14 01:41, Steve Knight wrote:
Hi Splat,

Go to http://www.britishpathe.com and type "magician" into the search engine. You'll get free access to a fair amount of vintage material - their download system is somewhat over complicated but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Lousy download system, but an awesome site.

Thanks Steve!

Deerbourne
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
One of the greatest resources--and most overlooked--is the National S.A.M. film and tape library. This is a "free" service to members in good standing of the Society of American Magicians. It is certainly worthy of your review.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have a couple of VHS tapes of magicians from IBM and SAM conventions in the 1930's and 40's....might be able to get a copy if it would interest anybody.

Steve Thomas
SPLAT
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of SPLAT
Thanks all... I'm going to check it out now.
Metalepsis
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of Metalepsis
Quote:
On 2004-08-14 21:17, Stevethomas wrote:
I have a couple of VHS tapes of magicians from IBM and SAM conventions in the 1930's and 40's....might be able to get a copy if it would interest anybody.

Steve Thomas

I suppose...I can be sarcastically...bothered...to be ...vaguely...sort of tongue in cheek...interested...

No really, this would be fantastic.

Shall I PM you with details or what?

M
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » History of Magic Footage! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL