The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » CTW: WindowMation - enhancement possible? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
62 Posts

Profile of ostadler
Hello all,

I´m just a _little_ step away from buying the great CTW:WindowMation effect. And yesterday an idea popped up my mind:
Could it be possible to combine WindowMation with John Kennedy's CTW? What I thought off is the following:

First of all you start with John Kennedy's routine (Forcing the card, tearing a corner of the card, etc..). Then you go up to a clean window and let WindowMation produce a corner-teared card (like told and prepared by John Kennedy). When the card is sticking to the window you can then do the "restore card-corner" routine, with the teared corner springing to the outside of the window. After the restore of the card you get WindowMation to vanish the card.

I wonder of this would be possible. I´m not quite sure if WindowMation can handle the heavier special-prepared card. The only drawback I can currently see is that you cant do the trick on double-pained windows anymore.

Does anybody in here have any suggestions or objections for this? Also I´m not sure of how far you can let spectators come up to the window without noticing the WindowMation gimmick. Any ideas?

Greetings from Germany,

Oli
Christian Z.
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
126 Posts

Profile of Christian Z.
I don't have neither but I know how they work. But I think Windowmation is already a powerful trick in itself. You will make anyone start trippn' if you do this. So just stick with the Windowmation plot, don't overdue it or else it won't be as good and it can be more revealing.
Christian
ostadler
View Profile
New user
Munich, Germany
62 Posts

Profile of ostadler
Hallo Christian,

Thanks for your answer. Actually I cant see anything wrong in combining these two effects. When you are going to perform a CTW-effect you have to stick with one version. With WindowMation you have the chance to perform the merge of the currently best CTW-effects to date,
Anyway: Just technically speaking: Is WindowMation capable of handling not only a normal card but also a special-prepared card?

Thanks a lot,

Greetings,

Oli
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
No, it woul;dn't work to well to combine the two effects. IT seems like it would be possible, and it might be with some imagination, but as is it wouldn't work because one gimmick would cause the other to go off at the wrong time.

Sorry for the confusing answer. There might be a way, but that's something you'd have to work out. Obviously, I haven't put much effort into that.

If you do come up with a way I'd love to know about it though.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
Here's a cool idea for WindowMation: You sign the back of a selected card. The spectator signs the face. A card appears on the window. It's on the outside with the back showing. Your name is there. Now you visibly pull the card through the window (using Chad Long's visible card from wall idea). There is no card on the outside any longer and the spectator's signature is there. No need to go outside and get the card since you've just visibly pulled it inside.

To me this is the big weakness in the Kennedy CTW. Any time a card is left on the outside, a nice spectator will want to go get it to help out and to check the card out too. This doesn't happen with WindowMation.

Mike
robert bianchi
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of robert bianchi
Mike:

I have Windowmation and was reviewing this post. Where do I find something about Chad Long's visible card from wall idea. Thanks for your help. Bob Bianchi
Mike Powers
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
2986 Posts

Profile of Mike Powers
I PMed you Robert.

Mike
milez
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of milez
Visible card from wall seems interesting, please PM me the details as well. Many thanks.
MagicalFreak3
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of MagicalFreak3
I was looking forward to purchasing Sean Bogunia's WindowMation. From what I've seen, it seems like the greatest card through window ever but the problem is, how PRACTICAL is it ?!

Can the spectators retrieve the card after it has appeared on the window ?
How portable is the gimmick ?
Does the gimmick get damaged easily and needs to be carried in a special case ?
After the card appears...the natural reaction would be the audience going around the other side to see the card....will this ruin the effect ?
Can spectators go around the other side to see their card after the effect ?
Should it be performed to large audience members ?

Thank you very much.
Jaybs
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of Jaybs
Quote:
On 2013-06-21 16:48, AmrKhaled wrote:
I was looking forward to purchasing Sean Bogunia's WindowMation. From what I've seen, it seems like the greatest card through window ever but the problem is, how PRACTICAL is it ?!

Can the spectators retrieve the card after it has appeared on the window ?
How portable is the gimmick ?
Does the gimmick get damaged easily and needs to be carried in a special case ?
After the card appears...the natural reaction would be the audience going around the other side to see the card....will this ruin the effect ?
Can spectators go around the other side to see their card after the effect ?
Should it be performed to large audience members ?

Thank you very much.

Can the spectators retrieve the card after it has appeared on the window ? - Yes, but it will depend on how they retrieve the card.
How portable is the gimmick ? - Very portable
Does the gimmick get damaged easily and needs to be carried in a special case ? - The gimmick is well constructed and does not need to be carried in a special case.
After the card appears...the natural reaction would be the audience going around the other side to see the card....will this ruin the effect ? - Yes
Can spectators go around the other side to see their card after the effect ? - No
Should it be performed to large audience members ? - Yes, it can be performed in front of a large audience.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » CTW: WindowMation - enhancement possible? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL