The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rose Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Does anyone make a "Napkin Rose" and give it away? If so, what kind of reaction does it usually get???
Mediocre the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
Rich Hurley
1062 Posts

Profile of Mediocre the Great
For parlor - or possibly even close up, check out "The Movie" by the the Flicking Fingers. The routine "A Rose is a Rose" by Stephan Kirschbaum starts off with a clever silk/transposition and ends with a very nice production of a rose. It's a nice routine and relatively practical. Very original thinking.

BTW "The Movie" is a one of the most entertaining and creative magic DVDs ever produced. Well worth the investment. IMHO.
Mediocrity is greatly under rated!
--------------------------------------------

Rich Hurley aka Mediocre The Great!
www.RichHurleyMagic.com
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
David Stone also has a rose routine in his DVD "The real secrets of magic". I remember the name of the routine is something like "HERMES".

Hirase
In love with magic!
Ron Vergilio
View Profile
Special user
Murrieta, CA
835 Posts

Profile of Ron Vergilio
SoCalPro, I make and give the napkin roses away quite a bit. The ladies that receive them are delighted and keep them. I'm here in Southern Calif. too and if you go to the bank I go to or the Building Dept in Corona, the roses are always kept on display.

In a few words... THEY LOVE THEM.

I also put a drop of rose oil in them so they smell like a rose. Gets a great reaction.

If someone says they want one too I say it was special so to give them something special, I make them a pearl poodle. It makes them just as happy.
May the magic in your life never disappear

*** Lou Serrano's Steel Ball Routine ***
liljay510
View Profile
Regular user
Dallas, TX
101 Posts

Profile of liljay510
The rose oil part is a good addition, by Kevin James, make the napkin rose and then have it smell like a real rose.....is subtle magic....but you will have them wondering and amazed.....even if they do not say anything....just walk away and let it sink in....I have always wanted to move towards doing a floating rose, but many women do not want to let go of the paper rose.
No matter How much you know you can never stop learning.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
The effect in Derren Brown's Devils picture book is really cool. You should check tat out. Another one you can try is the effect Copperfield performed. A ring vanishes and appears inside a rose that visually blooms. No idea waht the effect is called.
Mr.Crebar
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Mr.Crebar
I second Derren Browns effect in Devils picture book. The story with it is a cute one.
WizzBang
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of WizzBang
Although I prefer using any paper napkin available at the time.
You can get fancy such as using the Napkin Rose DVD by Michael Mode
see http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=68
I think having a little rose scent and switching napkins is a little more magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Rose Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL