The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » Your Desert Island Books » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Jon:
You know the scenario; Trapped on a desert island and you can only have 10 books, magic or otherwise....
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
Seth,

Sorry for the delay in coming up with a list. It's not an easy task. However, here's my list:

The Books of Wonder by Tommy Wonder (So many great ideas and routines along with thought provoking essays)
Strong Magic by Darwin Ortiz (I lost my copy before I had a chance to read much of it)
The Workers Series by Michael Close (Just brilliant!)
Greater Magic by Hilliard (I’d finally get time to wade through it)
Expert Card Technique by Hugard & Braue (Back to basics and a chance to learn some sleights I don’t use)
The Collected Almanac by Richard Kaufman (So much great material from a plethora of outstanding magicians)
A Whack on the Side of the Head by Roger von Oech (A really thought provoking book on creativity)
The Magic of M.C. Escher (I love Escher’s work. I think he, like Dali, teetered along the thin line between genius and madman. How anyone can conceive of some of his images is beyond me)
Any of the Dirk Pitt books by Clive Cussler I haven’t read (I have read a number of his books and really enjoy his writing style. He also puts himself into the book as a minor character that helps the hero. A nice touch.
The Far Side Calendar by Gary Larsen (365 Far side cartoons! It would also help me know what date is while I’m stranded

I know some of those were multiple books but it's my island I can can sneak as many extra books as I like!
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Excellent choices! A lot of my selections are on your list as well. I would also include a copy of 101 Ways to Build a Raft.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The August 2004 entrée: Jon Allen » » Your Desert Island Books » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL