The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Billiard Teaching videos (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrisM
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of chrisM
Hey, does anyone here have any billiard teaching videos? I have been wondering if they are worth getting. I find a lot of people who do magic are also into billiards.. this is why I posted this here.
chajodawg
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of chajodawg
I have one or two, and I have not found them very helpful. They are usually short and do not go into too much depth. Much like magic, shooting good pool comes down to practice, practice, practice. I would consider myself a very good pool player (I can run racks of nine ball fairly consistently).

I would recommend, if at all possible, that you go to a local pool hall and see if they offer any lessons. I think physically learning the game is better than trying to learn it from a video. This way, you can have someone teach you the basics like stance, cue ball control, and an aiming system that works for you. They can also give you some useful drills. In the end, what will really help you is practice and shooting ball after ball after ball.

During the summer, I am pretty much in the pool hall every day practicing. If you are serious about the game, you will find that it does take a lot of repetition (once again...much like magic Smile). Try and see if a pool hall near you offers a monthly pass. These can really give you a great deal and make it cheaper for you to practice. At my hall, I get unlimited pool between 12 and 6 all month for 39 bucks...I love it.

So good luck with your pool playing, and sorry for the long winded answer...I am just really into pool Smile .
Justin R
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of Justin R
Two videos that I would recommend are Byrne's Standard Video of Pool and Billiards vols 1 & 2 by Robert Byrne.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Billiard Teaching videos (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL